Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

Kyle_explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Audi Q5
Please post the price paid for your explorer so that people know how much discount they can expect.

MSRP:
Purchase Price: (Don't include Taxes)
Trim:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Kyle.:wave:
FYI, most of the info you seek is already available in each member's order thread and in some general threads. A lot depends on which plans they use, Ford incentives in place at the time and other discounts and trade-in. I think it would be difficult to find a 'common denominator'.

Peter

My purchase was the ST and paid X-Plan Price which is about invoice with limited dealer admin/doc fees, less $1,250 private cash offer. Invoice on the ST was $57,821 and X-Plan options: Star White $559, moonroof $1593, Prem Tech $935, ST Street $935. Plus destination $1,195. This is a no haggle plan, some have done better and some paid more. Sam's Truecar and Truecar is tracking the sales prices, which may be helpful. My dealer charges a $795 admin fee for every car sold. My admin fee was $184 and not sure how they arrived at that number.

MSRP $59,620
Paid $53,036 out the door.

MSRP: $54,110
Paid: $51,235
Trim: Limited

I had and XPlan and Private cash. Options where Star White Paint, Sunroof, 20" Wheels, Roof rails & All weather mats.

Here are numbers for my plain-Jane Platinum (no options):

MSRP: $59,345
Purchase Price: $54,717
Trim: Platinum

I did X-Plan and had $1,250 Private Cash Offer. Dealer came up with $500 Retail Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Customer Cash.

FYI, Retail Bonus Cash is rebate #13560 and Retail Customer Cash is Ford Rebate #13564.

Here is the deal that I have on the table right now with a dealer in my area:

ST with MSRP of $59,520.00 (Includes Moon Roof, Street Package, and Technology Package)

Selling Price: $56,285.19 (Invoice is $58,049, Holdback is $1785, so they're giving up all the HB)

Government Fee: $10.00

Doc Fee: $204.81

Rebates: $2500 (includes $500 retail cash, $500 bonus cash, $750 aged inventory (just past 61 days), and $750 private offer).

Out-the-door Price: $54,000.00

In the state of Missouri, we pay taxes at the DMV when we title the vehicle.

Here is the deal that I have on the table right now with a dealer in my area:

ST with .....

In the state of Missouri, we pay taxes at the DMV when we title the vehicle.

Ouch! That's a different way to do it, in AZ we would only do this if purchased out of state and that dealer didn't collect on behalf or mis-calculated the tax amounts.

St with street, tech, roof, matts.
MSRP 60210 + dealer fee 595.
55.5k OTD. No sales tax here in nh.
I'm happy.

Where abouts in NH? I'm in NH as well.. travel between Concord and Manchester mostly. I've only seen 1 2020 on the road so far in the 6 weeks we have owned it. I do like the exclusivity for now lol.

Where abouts in NH? I'm in NH as well.. travel between Concord and Manchester mostly. I've only seen 1 2020 on the road so far in the 6 weeks we have owned it. I do like the exclusivity for now lol.
I knew you were not far from me and after review of your numbers I decided my deal was good enough, although your may have been a bit better. Thank you.
Autofair ford. Ask for Mackenzie.

I knew you were not far from me and after review of your numbers I decided my deal was good enough, although your may have been a bit better. Thank you.
Autofair ford. Ask for Mackenzie.

Sorry, was asking about where you were located, not the dealer. I take all my vehicles to Autofair for service but refuse to buy any vehicle from them. I have had on 2 different occasions sales managers lie straight to my face when looking to buy a vehicle, most recent about 2 months ago when looking at an escape for my mother in law. I'll never give them another opportunity.

Sorry, was asking about where you were located, not the dealer. I take all my vehicles to Autofair for service but refuse to buy any vehicle from them. I have had on 2 different occasions sales managers lie straight to my face when looking to buy a vehicle, most recent about 2 months ago when looking at an escape for my mother in law. I'll never give them another opportunity.
I assume all sales people embellish, or unknowingly misinform to their advantage.
Once a well seasoned salesman told me "last best liar wins".
Not surprisingly dealership reviews from any and all do not look good.
I will say I was treated very well and this is 3rd new vehicle bought from them, last being in 94. An explorer incidentally.

I assume all sales people embellish, or unknowingly misinform to their advantage.
Once a well seasoned salesman told me "last best liar wins".
Not surprisingly dealership reviews from any and all do not look good.
I will say I was treated very well and this is 3rd new vehicle bought from them, last being in 94. An explorer incidentally.

Another saying, "Buyers are liars, and sellers are worse."

I received another quote for an ST yesterday from another dealership. They beat another dealership that I was working with by $1000. Here are the details:

MSRP: $59,640 (Floor Liners, Moonroof, Tech Package, Street Package)

Extended Price: $55,500 (dealer selling price before factory rebates, also includes $199 doc fee).

Out-the-Door Price: $53,000.00 (includes $2500 in rebates).

Rebates Applied: $500 retail cash, $500 bonus cash, $750 aged inventory rebate, and $750 private offer.

Not quite sure where they're getting the other $1000. Perhaps from their floor plan assist... Not sure...

Also, I'm a bit surprised about the number of ST's on dealer lots around me. I'm tracking roughly 15 of them in my area, and 5 of them are now past the 60-day inventory mark. I want to move forward on the deal above, but heck, at this rate, these suckers could easily be under $50k by January...

Just started the price game around town. First dealer that had different explorers but had the two blues together, so wife could see in person, salesperson pissed me off in 10 mins flat and we walked off his lot. As getting into the car he is asking if I would at least take his card. HAHA no......

Second dealer had a magnetic on the lot, to see color in person, and sales people there were a direct 180. First time touching a ST, and was fairly happy with the setup of it. Told that sales guy the deal, we didn't have time. Had x plan etc etc...gave him contact info and he wrote up and emailed the numbers within 2 hours. Interesting, his email had A/Z D and X plan pricing on it.
]
ST
Tech Package
Street Package Actually he misquoted car with Performance package told him to change it to Street.
Destination Charge

A/Z Plan 54071.15

D Plan 54171.15

X Plan 56283.22

We will see what the price difference is with street and not performance package. (I guess about 600.00)

Don't have a PCO, and this price was without current 1000.00 (cash back or whatever it is) that just came up this week.

I received another quote for an ST yesterday from another dealership. They beat another dealership that I was working with by $1000. Here are the details:

MSRP: $59,640 (Floor Liners, Moonroof, Tech Package, Street Package)

Extended Price: $55,550 (dealer selling price before factory rebates, also includes $199 doc fee).

Out-the-Door Price: $53,000.00 (includes $2500 in rebates).

Rebates Applied: $500 retail cash, $500 bonus cash, $750 aged inventory rebate, and $750 private offer.

Not quite sure where they're getting the other $1000. Perhaps from their floor plan assist... Not sure...

Also, I'm a bit surprised about the number of ST's on dealer lots around me. I'm tracking roughly 15 of them in my area, and 5 of them are now past the 60-day inventory mark. I want to move forward on the deal above, but heck, at this rate, these suckers could easily be under $50k by January...
That's a great deal! Ours is same equipped but MSRP here is several hundy higher...color or destination difference?
Even so 2k less than I paid......I never pursued a private offer however...and no aged in inventory rebate.

That's a great deal! Ours is same equipped but MSRP here is several hundy higher...color or destination difference?
Even so 2k less than I paid......I never pursued a private offer however...and no aged in inventory rebate.

Yeah, that's too bad because only people that work for Ford, they families and then if your job does offer this, then you qualify. Majority of Explorer buyers don't qualify for any of these.

I got the private offer and a few other discounts, but not a crazy good deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks! I sent the $53k offer to another dealer to see if they could beat $53k. The salesman that I spoke to said they could, and will have an exact amount to me by tomorrow (Monday). I have no idea how they could possibly beat $53k... We'll see!

Back