Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

you are the 1st Canadian posting on here getting a pretty decent deal.

Indeed there may be some variation around town, although my “normal” dealer (I have leased two F150s and two explorer sports from them in the past 5 years) has had two on the lot for the past week at the same MSRP as mine. Unfortunately for them, when I went to deal on one, they only came down 1000 off msrp, and offered me 7000 less for my low mileage lease return. I estimate I saved 9000 minimum by taking my business to a new dealership.

Makes me wonder if the all-in cost of a cross border purchase may be worth someone’s time and effort. Much easier now with electronic displays than when I imported a 2004 Escalade from Texas back in 2007. I think I saved around 10,000 with that deal over local prices, even after having to pay for a speedometer display swap and out of country and province vehicle inspections. It’s bizarre how the pricing pendulum swings back and forth over time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rapid Red

Looks like we both went through a similar deal.

I returned my 2018 Sport after 18 months (Lease) with 42K (km) Dealer gave me $40K cnd (looks like it was fair based on your return)
the byout was $45K cnd

Sticker $65900.00 cnd Street Pack, Tech Pack, Floor Mats & Moonroof
Price leased $62900.00 cnd including delivery and doc fee. 4 year lease at 3.49%

Brian

Congratulations Brian. Looks about bang on. Did you have to shop around quite a bit to get that deal, or do you have a go to dealer that treats you well?

Congratulations Brian. Looks about bang on. Did you have to shop around quite a bit to get that deal, or do you have a go to dealer that treats you well?

Red

No shopping around, I ordered this one back in February, price or deal unknown ;)
This will be my 4th Explorer from him since 2013, 3 x Sport and 1 x ST

When it arrived, he called me and gave me some rough numbers, I told him OK.
I was shocked to find how much they had increased, I paid around $58K for the 2018
In all the other deals, this is the first time the trade was not worth what was owed on it.

So far i'm enjoying it.:)

Brian

Right on! Happy to see there are dealers that still value a good customer.

That is the type of ST deal I was hoping to get from my dealer too, having bought 2018 and 2016 explorer sports and F150 lariats off them since moving to a new area 5 minutes from them in 2015. Given the garbage offer they made me, I think I will just go straight to the new dealer next November when the F150 lease is up.

I paid around 58k for my 2018 sport too. Maybe the thought is that these are worth less with the new body style coming for 2020. A better way to look at it I would think is that all the kinks are worked out! Oh well, let’s see what is new to entice us in 2 or 3 years!

Although mine isn't an Explorer, I'm very happy with my deal. Sticker MRSP was $79,200 and I got it for $67,801.42 on a 48 month lease. Still trying to figure out the details. They took back my 2017 Platinum with $8,788 left on the lease. The buyout is $24,536. I told them to put my $8,000 refundable security deposit toward the deal but it doesn't show on the lease contract. Perhaps they used it toward the Explorer? I'll speak to my salesman later in the week when I go back to have the Winter tires put on. I dealt with the GM and assistant GM since my salesman was off sick. Anyway, I'm very happy with the deal. I have an upgraded vehicle, no ESP to buy and am only paying $36.02 a month more than before.

Peter

Although mine isn't an Explorer, I'm very happy with my deal. Sticker MRSP was $79,200 and I got it for $67,801.42 on a 48 month lease. Still trying to figure out the details. They took back my 2017 Platinum with $8,788 left on the lease. The buyout is $24,536. I told them to put my $8,000 refundable security deposit toward the deal but it doesn't show on the lease contract. Perhaps they used it toward the Explorer? I'll speak to my salesman later in the week when I go back to have the Winter tires put on. I dealt with the GM and assistant GM since my salesman was off sick. Anyway, I'm very happy with the deal. I have an upgraded vehicle, no ESP to buy and am only paying $36.02 a month more than before.

Peter

$36 is quite a steal as long as you get your $8,000 back. If that got tied in, it's more like $200 more a month.

Congrats Peter, that is an excellent outcome. Enjoy your awesome new ride!

Peter

Enjoy, nice colour now lets see if you can put more than 16K 9km0 on this one :)

Brian

$59,620 MSRP

$53,150 OTD

Peter

How did you get them to take ~$12K off MSRP? Did that include the difference of your lease buy back or was it they just shaved that much off?

I’m going in on Monday to deal for a 2020 platinum Explorer. I know it’s end of year and end of month. Are dealers sticking to MSRP or can I come in at invoice or below? What kind of deals is everyone else walking away with?
Thanks everyone

I’m going in on Monday to deal for a 2020 platinum Explorer. I know it’s end of year and end of month. Are dealers sticking to MSRP or can I come in at invoice or below? What kind of deals is everyone else walking away with?
Thanks everyone

Your thread was merged with the existing one on this subject using the search function of the forum. There are many examples in here of what people are paying.

Thanks everyone
The Ford.com website says special deals are ending soon. I'm guessing that might mean end of the month. I don't know if the new year will bring any 'big' deals or not seeing that the 2021 production hasn't even been scheduled yet.

Peter

Picked up my silver ST last night from Koons Ford in Baltimore. Tech package, street package, twin roof. $53635 (includes freight and dealer $300 fee). With tax, tags and rebates, came to $52,639 OTD. No dealers closer to Charlotte would come within $3k. $52 one way plane ticket and a $49 93 octane fullup about 100 miles from home to save $3k was a no brainer for us. Averaged 24.2 hand calculated at the fillup.

Did you request that they not fill the tank? Any vehicle I've ever purchased/leased came with a full tank of gas.

Peter

Did you request that they not fill the tank? Any vehicle I've ever purchased/leased came with a full tank of gas.

Peter

He is talking about paying $49 to fill it up after his drive home.. as in it took 1 tank of fuel to go from Baltimore to his home town.

He is talking about paying $49 to fill it up after his drive home.. as in it took 1 tank of fuel to go from Baltimore to his home town.

Correct, we couldnt make it the full 479 miles home without filling up, filled up about 100 miles north of Charlotte as it aligned with a needed environmental break. Not sure if the dealer filled with 87, 89, 91 or 93, never thought to ask them until I went to fill up.

Correct, we couldnt make it the full 479 miles home without filling up, filled up about 100 miles north of Charlotte as it aligned with a needed environmental break. Not sure if the dealer filled with 87, 89, 91 or 93, never thought to ask them until I went to fill up.

Most dealers use the cheapest crap gas they can get away with buying. I would almost prefer them take the $50-$100 off the price and I will put in my own gas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Likely 87 octane since that is the 'recommended' gasoline.

Peter

Back