Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

Looking at a XLT 4x2 with 202A, Star White, Twin Panel Moonrook, Tow Package, 20" Wheels, Co Pilot Assist+, Comfort Package and Cargo Mat. List is 49K. Out the door for 38K

Thoughts?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
That's quite a price drop!

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do people here mean by price out the door?

Looking at a XLT 4x2 with 202A, Star White, Twin Panel Moonrook, Tow Package, 20" Wheels, Co Pilot Assist+, Comfort Package and Cargo Mat. List is 49K. Out the door for 38K

Thoughts?

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your bill of sale? I'd like to see what dealer discounts were applied before rebates, and also which rebates were applied, and if taxes were applied? I know you said out-the-door, which implies taxes included, however, in some states like mine (Missouri), taxes are collected at the DMV when we title our vehicles.

Thanks!

......... I know you said out-the-door, which implies taxes included, however, in some states like mine (Missouri), taxes are collected at the DMV when we title our vehicles.

Thanks!
How does that work with a lease? With a lease you don't pay tax on the entire price of the vehicle. The tax is included with the monthly payment based on the cost minus the residual value. So if I have a 48 month lease but turn it back after 36 months, I only pay 36 months worth of tax.

Peter

How does that work with a lease? With a lease you don't pay tax on the entire price of the vehicle. The tax is included with the monthly payment based on the cost minus the residual value. So if I have a 48 month lease but turn it back after 36 months, I only pay 36 months worth of tax.

Peter

What is the sales taxability of a leasing agreement?
The lessor has the option of either paying the tax up front on the item to be leased or charging the tax on the lease receipts. Only one of these options may be chosen.

If the lessor chooses to charge the tax on the lease receipts on items other than motor vehicles, the tax due is based on the place of business of the lessor. If the lessor has more than one place of business, the taxable sale is based on the location where the initial order is taken.

Any motor vehicle, which is leased or rented, as the result of a contract, shall be taxable at the lessee's location at the time the lease is executed.

all fees and taxes included.

Okay can be misleading due to different tax rates. What about trade ins. I have had people try and tell me they got a lot off MSRP because they were counting what extra they got for trade in.

Thank you steweod. Charging tax on the lease receipts I guess would be the same as me paying the tax in my monthly payments. Hopefully if one paid the tax up front and turned the leased vehicle in early, they would get a refund.

Peter

Thank you steweod. Charging tax on the lease receipts I guess would be the same as me paying the tax in my monthly payments. Hopefully if one paid the tax up front and turned the leased vehicle in early, they would get a refund.

Peter

Missouri gives a tax credit or refund for trades based on the amount of the trade. Makes negotiations of trade more important.

My OTD was $55k plus spare change on a fully optioned ST. Guess being retired LEO/Military didn't hurt either.
thumbsup.gif

Wish I had found this site before I purchased . I might have been able to save a few more $$$$.

I purchased a 2020 XLT with 2nd Row Split Bench EZ Entry ($495) being the only option already installed.
I did not let them include any ESP or Maintenance Plan as part of the negotiation for the car.
If I decided to get either, or both, then that would be a separate negotiation for those separate products.
They brought the first offer sheet in that included $2,500 rebate. I told them I had just seen that Ford
released additional rebate of $1000 and 0% financing the day before.
MSRP = $38,365.
We settled on a price of $33,550.
Tax for Orange County, CA $2946.
Registration/License fee $604
For an Out-The-Door total of $37,100. That is about 12.5% below MSRP. Not the best savings off MSRP, but not bad.

BUT..... I also got Ford Financing at 0.0% !!!! That alone will save me another 2-3K of interest.
So, overall I would say that I got a pretty good deal.

My buyback has been approved and entertaining the idea of buying another ST on a lot somewhere locally that I can thoroughly inspect and drive to make sure it's right before buying. Wondering what I should be paying now that we are 2 months into 2020. St with tech and street. Ty.

Wish I had found this site before I purchased . I might have been able to save a few more $$$$............................
I did not let them include any ESP or Maintenance Plan as part of the negotiation for the car.
If I decided to get either, or both, then that would be a separate negotiation for those separate products.
Welcome to the Forum Kevin.:wave:
If you decide to get a Ford ESP, check out this thread first; 2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Peter

My buyback has been approved and entertaining the idea of buying another ST on a lot somewhere locally that I can thoroughly inspect and drive to make sure it's right before buying. Wondering what I should be paying now that we are 2 months into 2020. St with tech and street. Ty.
Have you thought about looking at the Aviator? Granted not as many rebates.

-----Other account deleted due to double registration. This was my post about cost-----

Wish I had found this site before I purchased . I might have been able to save a few more $$$$.

I purchased a 2020 XLT with 2nd Row Split Bench EZ Entry ($495) being the only option already installed.

They brought the first offer sheet in that included $2,500 rebate. I told them I had just seen that Ford
released additional rebate of $1000 and 0% financing the day before.

MSRP = $38,365.
We settled on a price of $33,550.
Tax for Orange County, CA $2946.
Registration/License fee $604
For an Out-The-Door total of $37,100. That is about 12.5% below MSRP. Not the best savings off MSRP, but not bad.

BUT..... I also got Ford Financing at 0.0% !!!! That alone will save me another 2-3K of interest.
So, overall I would say that I got a pretty good deal.

Welcome to the Forum Kevin.:wave:
If you decide to get a Ford ESP, check out this thread first; 2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Peter
Again, I wish I had found this site before purchasing. I was very hesitant to get the Maintenance package having never purchased one before. I am hoping that I really get that much value. After reaching a deal on the Explorer, I then worked out an ESP/Maintenance Plan with the finance guy. If I remember correctly, they started by offering a package deal for $5200. I did come in armed with another dealers online cost sheet. They did not quite meet the printed price but I did get the 8year/100K ESP for $1760 and the 7 Year/75K Maintenance for $1700.

Again, I wish I had found this site before purchasing. I was very hesitant to get the Maintenance package having never purchased one before. I am hoping that I really get that much value. After reaching a deal on the Explorer, I then worked out an ESP/Maintenance Plan with the finance guy. If I remember correctly, they started by offering a package deal for $5200. I did come in armed with another dealers online cost sheet. They did not quite meet the printed price but I did get the 8year/100K ESP for $1760 and the 7 Year/75K Maintenance for $1700.

1700 Maintenance for 75K miles is too much. All they change for the first 50K or so miles is oil and fluid changes, tire rotations and changing a few filters. (Fordpass points would probably cover our oil changes anyway).

I am not in a hurry to get ESP as we have 3 years, 36K miles to get ESP but hope it covers most components and if I will want to keep it long term.

Went by my local dealer yesterday, they had an ST with MSRP of 59140, listed at 49,999, so i wanted to see how they got to that figure

$59,140
-$4,790 dealer discount
$54,350
-$4,500 rebate (must finance through FMC at standard rate, didnt get rebate #, $10k min finance, can pay off right away, or 90 days if you want to be nice to dealer)
$49,850
+$149 admin fee
$49,999

$9,141 off msrp, best deal ive seen in the area that maps out correctly and doesnt have rebate stacking. My PCO doesnt stack with the $4,500 rebate.

Still torn and considering a used expedition, which a 2018 can be had for around this same price with 302a.

Went by my local dealer yesterday, they had an ST with MSRP of 59140, listed at 49,999, so i wanted to see how they got to that figure

$59,140
-$4,790 dealer discount
$54,350
-$4,500 rebate (must finance through FMC at standard rate, didnt get rebate #, $10k min finance, can pay off right away, or 90 days if you want to be nice to dealer)
$49,850
+$149 admin fee
$49,999

$9,141 off msrp, best deal ive seen in the area that maps out correctly and doesnt have rebate stacking. My PCO doesnt stack with the $4,500 rebate.

Still torn and considering a used expedition, which a 2018 can be had for around this same price with 302a.

Interesting.. I'm showing $3,000 rebate for XLT and Limited and $2,000 for Platinum and ST in my area. Nowhere near the $4,500 you are seeing wherever you are located.

This is broken down by $1,500 Retail Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Customer Cash + $750 select inventory rebate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting.. I'm showing $3,000 rebate for XLT and Limited and $2,000 for Platinum and ST in my area. Nowhere near the $4,500 you are seeing wherever you are located.

This is broken down by $1,500 Retail Bonus Cash and $500 Retail Customer Cash + $750 select inventory rebate.
We already had the $3500 alternative cash good through 3/2.

Dealer in STL (few hours away from me) is showing 5k rebates on XLT and limited, unsure what all rebates they are using to get there. Ford.com shows 0% for 66 months + 3k bonus cash.

2020 Ford Explorer Limited in Hazelwood, MO | St. Louis Ford Explorer | Bommarito Ford Superstore

Back