Prices To Extend the CPO Warranty? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices To Extend the CPO Warranty?

driver4523

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 - Ford Explorer Limi
I'm pretty close to buying a CPO 2011 Ford Explorer Limited with 51K miles on it. The dealership told me their cost to extend the CPO to 7 years / 100K miles is 1640 and for 7 years / 125K miles is 1940. They told me that was at their cost.

I did some calling and found a 7 year / 125K for 1040 and an 8 Year/125K for 1175 form another Ford dealership. They said they could extend the CPO after I buy it.

Not sure how CPO's work vs. just a normal used Ford. Are there different prices for extending the CPO vs buying a normal premium ESP? Does the price (the cheaper one) I quoted seem to be a good price?

Thanks so much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can tell you that whatever dealer you called and quoted you that price of $1,040 and $1,175 is not quoting you a Ford ESP or is quoting you a basic Ford ESP, not the Premium one which is the only one you want., it is a 3rd party.

I stated in your other thread that the cost of a 6yr/125k warranty is about $1,605 with $100 ded and 1st day rental. A 7 year will be more so your dealers pricing sounds legit.

Now that I think of it, Ford doesn't offer anything longer then 7 years so that 8 yr warranty is not Ford. Based on that, I would not deal with that dealer again if they are trying to pull a fast one on you.

I also mentioned that a CPO only covers the engine and engine only. Extending a CPO will not cover anything else. I'd only consider the Premium.
I'd recommend keeping your threads together instead of starting so many new ones. It will be much easier to keep track of answers and questions.

I can tell you that whatever dealer you called and quoted you that price of $1,040 and $1,175 is not quoting you a Ford ESP or is quoting you a basic Ford ESP, not the Premium one which is the only one you want., it is a 3rd party.

I stated in your other thread that the cost of a 6yr/125k warranty is about $1,605 with $100 ded and 1st day rental. A 7 year will be more so your dealers pricing sounds legit.

Now that I think of it, Ford doesn't offer anything longer then 7 years so that 8 yr warranty is not Ford. Based on that, I would not deal with that dealer again if they are trying to pull a fast one on you.

I also mentioned that a CPO only covers the engine and engine only. Extending a CPO will not cover anything else. I'd only consider the Premium.
I'd recommend keeping your threads together instead of starting so many new ones. It will be much easier to keep track of answers and questions.

That's not true. It turns out that is actually a FORD Premium ESP....and they do have an 8 year plan now. Those are the prices. The first dealer that had the higher prices was looking in the wrong place. If you go to a dealer, tell them to look on page 31 of the Ford ESP book.

I'm going for the 8 years 125K plan.....also you are incorrect about what the CPO covers....it covers the power train to 100K, but you also get a 12K, 12,000 premium plan on it that you can extend up to 125K, 8 years...

Learn something new every day.

hmmmm...flood ford still just showing 7 years....when was this 8 year plan announced ?

hmmmm...flood ford still just showing 7 years....when was this 8 year plan announced ?

Not sure...I was told it was "recently added"...so I'm not sure what that means.

You can call Jeremy at Anderson and Cook Ford 800-758-3673 or other dealers if you like to get a quote.

I was surprised to learn there was an 8 year program also after only seeing 7 years online...

Pretty good if you ask me!

Ahh.. that is why you don't see it on the discount Ford sites. It is only available on CPO vehicles so you can't get a 8 or 9 year on new vehicles.

I still don't believe that pricing. If it costs over $1,600 for a 6yr125k premium warranty on a new vehicle, I don't understand how it can be more then $600 cheaper for a CPO vehicle. I would think it would still be the same dealer cost.

For me, I'd rather see a mileage increase then a year increase.

What is the plan you want for the esp?? Mileage/year/deductible?

I'll email my guy who I've referred a few dozen people to on here. He sells them $100 over cost so I can find out what the true cost is. That way we can compare with the info you have been told over the phone.

How does his pricing compare to flood ?

How does his pricing compare to flood ?

He is cheaper. But being he is $100 over cost it isn't by much… Still, even if he was a few $$ more, I'd still always give him my business.

Reason I try to give him business is because of him being a standup guy. He had quoted me for a Gas F250 instead of a diesel back when I bought one for my truck which there was a $400 difference. He didn't tell me till afterwards that he made the mistake but honored the pricing which meant he sold it to me $300 under his cost.

I don't know what other person would sell something at a loss where he could easily have said, "I made a mistake, it's this price…" So because of that, I rather give him business then some website online and again, it's just about as cheap as you can get.

I thought that the vehicle still had to be under original factory warranty in order to purchase the Ford Premium ESP. This post says 51k miles???

I thought that the vehicle still had to be under original factory warranty in order to purchase the Ford Premium ESP. This post says 51k miles???
I'm quite sure that the warranty being discussed is the one that would apply to a 'used' vehicle since it is Certified Pre Owned. That would make the warranty a bit more expensive than if you were to take out or extend and ESP while the vehicle is under the factory warranty.

Peter

Back