Private offers/rebates | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Private offers/rebates

Not a PCO but maybe good to know. I read on a Lincoln forum today that if you join mustang.org for $25 for a year, one of the benefits of membership is an x-plan pin since they are a Ford partner. You don’t have to own a Mustang to join. I haven’t tried this personally since I’m retired from a Partner but thought it was worth looking into.

Yes you can but you can get much better than x plan pricing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I second Blwnsmoke on this. Even though we are a few months away from getting an ST, our closest [but not final] sales manager told us that he can easily out do X-Plan. Another dealer I called just as a reference point also said to leave the number at home as he is authorized to go under that price.

Jay

I was incorrect on rebates. There is a $1,250 Private offer on 2020 Ford Explorers. Here is what I need people to do to help me out in getting these for members (and myself).

Browse Ford.com, NADA.com, kbb.com and cargurus.com. navigate across 2019 Ford vehicles, play with advertisements that pop up for Ford etc. You may see a build and price advertisement on nada.com etc.

What we are looking for is a popup to generate that will advertise something like this..

If you can get something to pop up that said "register for offer", DO NOT CLICK ON IT. STOP THERE, open up a new window tab and PM me. I will guide you on what we need to get these for the Explorer. Just leave your screen idle.

Shut off your pop up blockers, and try multiple browsers. I had luck in the past with Firefox.

View attachment 171544
*$2,250 Customer Cash (PGM #13588, #13552) + $750 Select Inventory Customer Cash (PGM #13566) + $1,000 Ford Credit Bonus Cash (PGM #13558) which requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing. Vehicle must have arrived at dealer at least 61 days prior to the sale date. Not available on F-650 & F-750. Residency restrictions apply. For all offers, take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford dealer’s stock by 9/30/19. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.

*$2,250 Customer Cash (PGM #13588, #13552) + $750 Select Inventory Customer Cash (PGM #13566) + $1,000 Ford Credit Bonus Cash (PGM #13558) which requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing. Vehicle must have arrived at dealer at least 61 days prior to the sale date. Not available on F-650 & F-750. Residency restrictions apply. For all offers, take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford dealer’s stock by 9/30/19. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
Can this be used on the Explorer?

Where did you get that info from? Usually a link should be provided. Thanks.

Peter

I have been messing around on the ford website and others that were mentioned since yesterday and haven’t gotten any pop ups with the private offers. Any idea if these are just not as frequent now as they once were or if I am just not lucky? Thanks in advance.

I guess I was looking at c plan as it applies to the Aviator. No private cash offers, no rebates that I could find. I found better financing(2.49) than Ford credit and as I once found on an Edge, the dealer beat the x plan price only to exceed it after all the various fees were added. X plan saved about 4200 on my Aviator plus the normal add on fees were capped at about $100.

Was told by the GM of the dealership we are working with that ford is doing an additional $1000 customer loyalty rebate on the 2020 explorer for those trading a vehicle in. He said it hasn’t made it to the ford website yet, but they were notified about it today and it is active in their system as of today. Not sure if it is area specific or what. Just wanted to pass this along.

Was told by the GM of the dealership we are working with that ford is doing an additional $1000 customer loyalty rebate on the 2020 explorer for those trading a vehicle in. He said it hasn’t made it to the ford website yet, but they were notified about it today and it is active in their system as of today. Not sure if it is area specific or what. Just wanted to pass this along.

Makes sense as to why I kept seeing a 2k rebate today pricing out a car at the dealer and not the 1k.

Does the trade-in have to be a Ford? Wasn't sure, since it's called a "customer loyalty" rebate.

Does the trade-in have to be a Ford? Wasn't sure, since it's called a "customer loyalty" rebate.
Nope . 2005 or newer MY I think is what they said

Ford does not extend expiration dates. It has to be price locked at time of order. So if you reordered now, they could lock it in incase it doesn't come in on time.

As far as build date, I wonder how you have a build date when as of yesterday, I still have a build week of Aug 12th with no build date yet.

So I now have a similar issue. have a PCO of $1250. New dealer I found I thought car was on the lot. It isn't, but supposed to be delivered Oct 2-6. Are you saying I can go under contract now and at least keep the $1250? The other rebates will change on the 30th, but If we are good on price then I should at least keep the $1250?

Thanks

So I now have a similar issue. have a PCO of 1250. New dealer I found I thought car was on the lot. It isn't, but supposed to be delivered Oct 2-6. Are you saying I can go under contract now and at least keep the 1250? The other rebates will change on the 30th, but If we are good on price then I should at least keep the 1250?

Thanks

Nope, you must take delivery by 9/30. Only way you can lock that PCO in is to place an order for one.

You either get what is available at time of delivery or at the time you ordered (if they locked it in with Ford) nothing in between.

Don't recall if it has ever been mentioned prior, but last Saturday I participated in a ford drive event, held by our school educational foundation as a fundraiser.....$20 for every driver who shows up and then fills out a post survey. Today I received an email from ford with an extra $750 cashback offer for buying a new ford prior to 1/22/2020. Worth knowing about.

My local dealer informed me of Ford having a $3,000 explorer private offer out there. What have people been seeing this month? I have a $750 but would love to get a $3,000 amd get me out of my negative equity.
South east region

All these "great deals" and rebates come with interest payments that will add up to much more than you think you "saved".

The only way to go is 0%APR and just negotiate the best deal you can. Got my loaded '20 Explorer ST for just a hair above Z-Plan with a fantastic offer on a trade-in (dealers are hot for nice used vehicles since so many of the auction houses are shut down), and the 0% still was the difference in paying $3000-4000 in finance charges. Also, no need attach ESP since you can add it later at a lower price through a user here or plenty of other on-line vendors. Even better if you throw that on a credit card (paying it off in the same month, of course), and get rewards points on whatever you use.

All these "great deals" and rebates come with interest payments that will add up to much more than you think you "saved".

The only way to go is 0%APR and just negotiate the best deal you can. Got my loaded '20 Explorer ST for just a hair above Z-Plan with a fantastic offer on a trade-in (dealers are hot for nice used vehicles since so many of the auction houses are shut down), and the 0% still was the difference in paying $3000-4000 in finance charges. Also, no need attach ESP since you can add it later at a lower price through a user here or plenty of other on-line vendors. Even better if you throw that on a credit card (paying it off in the same month, of course), and get rewards points on whatever you use.

Private offers are stackable on 0% deals.

Yes, quite a few dealers are offering 3,500-6k off which is below A plan (true MSRP discounts, not rebates, have seen up to 12,500 with rebates) the problem I'm running into is the heavy discount are very old units, june 2019. I would like a good PCO to stack on 0% with a B or C VIN

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just about every one will have a "discount" off MSRP. While true that after 120 days the dealer will be more eager to move a vehicle than one that just came off the truck, the whole A, B, C VIN myths about which one is "better" is rubbish. If anything, maybe just looking for a Job#2 vehicle on a first-year run might be safer to assume bugs and kinks will be worked out (Job#2 began on 8/22/19 as an FYI).

Mine was just built on 2/17 and it's a B VIN, but I paid no attention to that at all: it simply had the options I wanted and the dealership was relatively close. The 0% would have applied to any of the dozen or so they had, with the oldest going back to August in this case.

Back