Pro Comp 3" spindles needed for 1996 ford explorer 2wd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pro Comp 3" spindles needed for 1996 ford explorer 2wd

Cgiacom1

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 2wd
I have had the Pro comp 3" spindle lift system since 2001, since then they have discontinued it and i have just shattered one of my spindles. I am trying to find a replacement set for my Exploder...please email me if you have any or know where i can get some.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

album.php

Do you mean the upright or the snout? If it's the snout, then you can have a stock one pressed into the upright. The stock snouts are actually stronger than the procomp ones. If you broke the upright, then you are beating your truck waaay too hard.

Thanks for the reply. It was my snout, looked up the lift and its suppose to only have 31" tires, i am rocking 34 super swamper tsl's....may be the source of why it sheared the snout in two.

Maybe. I know people who run 35s on these spindles, so you're not the only one. I think they say 31s more because of tire fitment in the wheel well, but the added weight of a bigger tire doesn't help anyway.

Good luck, I am looking for a set too.

Back