Pro-M Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pro-M Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure

beast

Reaction score
City, State
Mukilteo, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I had my Pro-M sensor for about a year, everything seemed fine. The other day after work I went to start my car, and it just died after I started it, I finally got it to stay on long enough to feel a really rough idle before it died. I had to have it towed down to Ford to be fixed and they fouund it to be throwing off a code for the mass air flow sensor. So, they threw on the stock air flow sensor for me, and it works fine now. Anyone else have any problems with their Pro-Ms?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm lost. How are you a wannabe but you have an avatar?

Like me he has the platinum membership, we are above ELITE:)

I was elite at one time, guess I never paid my dues. I guess I'll call up Pro-M and see what they can do for me.

beast said:
I was elite at one time, guess I never paid my dues.

As good a time as any for a renewal.

(p.s. "Pro-Flow", makers of Pro-M went belly up. That company spindle mentioned is probably rising from the ashes. Caveat emptor).

celly said:
As good a time as any for a renewal.

(p.s. "Pro-Flow", makers of Pro-M went belly up. That company spindle is probably rising from the ashes. Caveat emptor).
Know for a fact that it is a spin off, only game in town

I'm lost. Why are you posting in the 911 Forum if your truck runs fine?

beast said:
I was elite at one time, guess I never paid my dues. I guess I'll call up Pro-M and see what they can do for me.

Good luck calling them; they are out of business now.

Sorry, this doesn't belong in Explorer 911. Well, I bought it through explorerexpress so hopefully they can help me if Pro-M did indeed go belly up.

i removed my pro-m MAF today, and reinstalled my stock ford MAF on the (Pro-M) 70mm bore... then reset the computer

i instantly saw that my truck idled down much sooner. With the Pro-M it would take 3 or 4 minutes to slowly idle down from 1200 rpm to 750 rpm.

After i put the stock ford MAF back on it took no longer then 15 seconds to go from 1200 rpm to 750 rpm.

Also the truck doesnt hesitate randomly (in the heat) like it did before. Ive also noticed that in 4th and 5th gear i dont get any spark knock, unlike the pro-M.

I think the Pro-M was causing my truck to run somewhat lean, which was in turn giving me great gas milage. might be reinstalling it haha probably not. Power > GasMilage.

Back