Pro-M Mass Air Sensor Deal From Explorer Express | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pro-M Mass Air Sensor Deal From Explorer Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Pro-M 75mm Mass Air Sensor
For all Explorers V6 OHV & SOHC, V8 5.0 & 4.6
Available in chrome or black. Custom calibration.
Goes great with the Mac Intake!

Regular Price..................................$244.95
SPECIAL PRICE.................................. $224.95

This is not a group buy, just a good price for members of ths web site!

Special Price Good Until 5/30/03 www.explorerexpress.com

Attachments

• pro75mm.jpg
    pro75mm.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,186

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PRO-M shown installed on Mac intake tube.

Attachments

• macintake.jpg
    macintake.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,173

I'm ready to purchase an intake next week for my 02xsport. Was looking at the KKM. Does anyone here have a better suggestion such as EE's version or others? Which are the best performance/looks combo out there? Thanks.

By the way, I love this site....been lurking for a while now!

I just ordered a 80 mm Pro-M unit for my truck. It comes complete with the air filter built into it. Not for the average truck, but perfect for supercharged or high-power 5.0 applications. I'll post a write-up when I get it installed.

Do you have a link for the Pro-M for the 4.6L? I can't find it on EE's website or Pro-M's website. Also do you know what size the stock MAF is on my 4.6L?

I suggest you call EE and ask. John V. is really happy with his relationship with ProM and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. Tell him I sent you ;)

I'd get one but I already have a Granatelli.

Apten Performance prefers the Pro-M to the Gran, but I don't know the basis of this preference...

From what I understand, ProM uses higher quality electronics and programming.

alec, you should see some pretty good gains with a big MAS. as im sure you know, anything in front of a blower is a restriction. you may even see an extra half a pound of boost with a big MAS/throttle body/tube/etc.

Got shipped today :bounce: Seems like John was able to get a fully custom MAS done in just a couple of days.

Pro-M Racing 80mm

Alec let me take a picture of his new MAF before I shipped it out. This is one nice piece! Wish I could hold on to it a little bit longer. This one is for high performance applications only. It is custom calibrated for his supercharger and injector upgrade. These are available in blue, red, yellow and black.

Enjoy it Alec!

John V @ EE

Attachments

• pro-m racing 80mm.jpg
    pro-m racing 80mm.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,938

John, looks like I need to oil it first?

I tried looking up the MAS on the explorer express site, but couldn't find anything. Exactly what performance gains should one expect? Any MPG gains?

Originally posted by Gonzo
I tried looking up the MAS on the explorer express site, but couldn't find anything. Exactly what performance gains should one expect? Any MPG gains?
The exact questions I would like answered.....:p

And, that MAF sensor does look really nice with the MAC intake according to the picture. Matter of fact, that's the same intake I have.

On a 91-94 X a new MAS makes a big difference when used with an intake kit, larger TB, and exhaust. Stock MAS on these is 55 mm, so a 70 or 75 makes a big difference.

On a 95+, the stock MAS is "70". Not as free-flowing as an aftermarket 70, but that's the bore size. On an OHV, intake, TB, and exhaust should be done to take full advantage of a larger MAS. Maybe a chip too. The same goes for the SOHC, though there is no aftermarket TB available for the SOHC.

Of course you won't get hard gain numbers unless you dyno test your truck before and after. But on an early model expect the same gains as from an air intake and exhaust. On a 95+ OHV with intake, exhaust, and TB, expect the same as from the TB; maybe more if you also have a chip. On a SOHC, you'll gain about the same as an air filter.

These are just my opinions based on knowledge of these motors and aftermarket parts.

I have the SOHC, so to me it sounds like I'd be better off with a chip.

Originally posted by Alec
On a 91-94 X a new MAS makes a big difference when used with an intake kit, larger TB, and exhaust. Stock MAS on these is 55 mm, so a 70 or 75 makes a big difference.

On a 95+, the stock MAS is "70". Not as free-flowing as an aftermarket 70, but that's the bore size. On an OHV, intake, TB, and exhaust should be done to take full advantage of a larger MAS. Maybe a chip too. The same goes for the SOHC, though there is no aftermarket TB available for the SOHC.

Of course you won't get hard gain numbers unless you dyno test your truck before and after. But on an early model expect the same gains as from an air intake and exhaust. On a 95+ OHV with intake, exhaust, and TB, expect the same as from the TB; maybe more if you also have a chip. On a SOHC, you'll gain about the same as an air filter.

These are just my opinions based on knowledge of these motors and aftermarket parts.
Well, that gives me something to think about. From what I understand, it will make a difference on the 5.0L V8, as I have. What do you think about that?

The air filter on the Pro-M unit and the Mac come pre-oiled. You want to be very carefull when you oil these. Too much oil can damage the mass air sensor.

The rule of thumb on the power increase is 5%-10%. It depends on what mods you have. We have not done any dyno testing with the mass air sensor on a normaly aspirated engine. I have sold many of these lately. It is likely that one of the Sport Trac guys with the SOHC will do dyno tests sooner or later and I will share those results. Expect a larger power increase from a supercharged engine, for obvious reasons. More air flow on a forced induction engine makes more power.

The Pro-M mass air sensor is a stage 2 upgrade. It will add more power to an OHV or an SOHC if you already have an exhaust and intake upgrade. The larger body of the upgraded MAF allows for more air flow, the elt unit is recalibrated. The computer chip controls fuel and timing management. More air flow and more fuel equal more power! I think the best way to go is to do stage 1 and stage 2 upgrades including the mass air sensor. Then tie it all together with a custom burned chip. Headers, high flow cats and supercharger optional! If you want a maximum net gain in horsepower, do it all.

By the way, you will find the information on the mass air sensor on our web site under power parts stage 2. The 75mm & 80mm sensors are brand new. They are not yet on the web site. Let me know if you have any questions.

John V @ EE

Rick that mass air sensor is what I would like to get and the tube with it. That tube looks like it for 95 and up is there one for 92, or do I have to do some mods under the hood. Would they ship to Canada if I want one, or the whole kit would be nice??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The chrome Pro-M is availble from Explorer Express for the 1992 Explorer. We do not have a supplier for the chrome tube on the early models at this time.

John V @ EE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back