Problem found in 4/2001 explorer a/c heater is knocking loudly behind mid consul | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem found in 4/2001 explorer a/c heater is knocking loudly behind mid consul

llorch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mckinney, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Problem :( found in 4/2001 explorer a/c heater is knocking loudly behind mid consul and no heat or a/c felt from vents problem is I can't find a way to get to where the noise is coming from :eek: any tips would be greatly appreciated also wipers are not functioning at all so the vehicle has been down through the recent extreme weather. inconvenient to get out every few seconds to clean both inside and outside of windshield :(. again any assist with how to go about repairing would be appreciated.

Problem :( found in 4/2001 explorer a/c heater is knocking loudly behind mid consul and no heat or a/c felt from vents problem is I can't find a way to get to where the noise is coming from :eek: any tips would be greatly appreciated also wipers are not functioning at all so the vehicle has been down through the recent extreme weather. inconvenient to get out every few seconds to clean both inside and outside of windshield :(. again any assist with how to go about repairing would be appreciated.

I gotta bump this one. Do you mean dash or console?

Is probably the air blender door actuator. Does it sound more like popping? Probably a gear broke inside and now "jumps".

yes it does sound like popping. but it doesn't stop except when the temp control is set to no heat. how do I get to the actuator and is it a readily replaceable part.

Back