problem getting correct lower rad hose, replacements do not match origional... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

problem getting correct lower rad hose, replacements do not match origional...

Riken

Reaction score
these are supposed to be the same. everything is correct except the bend is 45* off. this is comparing the origional to 2 part store replacements. i'm going to try find a ford dealership with one in stock to compare.

am i missing something here?

DSCF1380.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would help to know the year and motor.

I would say that is the correct hose they offer and they want you to cut the new one to match. That is not at all uncommon a practice. A Motorcraft hose may actually come exactly made to fit.

I would say that is the correct hose they offer and they want you to cut the new one to match. That is not at all uncommon a practice. A Motorcraft hose may actually come exactly made to fit.

I paid the about same online for motorcraft factory hoses vs store brand. The store hoses had to be trimmed.They do it to fit many different vehicles.

thought you 5.0 guys would know.
went to the dealer today and he brought up a diagram of the oil adapter and the hose appeared to have the correct bend. will see in 3 days if it in fact is. i would assume gates or some big name makes them for Ford.

woulda been so much easier to swing the adapter outta the way instead of the water pump, oh well, 240k (assuming origional), it's time to change it anyway.

i really don't think trimming the aftermarket is an option, it's the correct length.

i really don't think trimming the aftermarket is an option, it's the correct length.

Not from the pictures you are showing us...

it does appear to be the right "length"....compare top points and bottom points not the length of the "arc". If he cuts it, it will be too short.

Back