Problem starting after changing valve cover gasket. Please Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem starting after changing valve cover gasket. Please Help

m00nJump3r

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
So a buddy of mines and I changed the vavle cover gasket because it was leaking.

We started the truck and it start we let it run for 45 minutes (didn't drive it).

When I went to drive it it drove fine for about 7 miles at 45 mph. I went on the highway doing 65-70mph and I made it to one exit.

The hi temp, low oil pressure light came on as well as the service engine light. I pulled over when I tried to start it back up it will crank but wont turn over to start. It's been sitting at his house and he said he looked over everything. We checked the coolant and oil and its reading at the right level. You can smell the fuel not sure if this information will help to finding solution.

Anybody have an idea of what the problem might be? What are we missing? Or do you think its another problem unrelated to the recent vavle cover gasket job?

Thank you a ton.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be a real big help to know the codes set by the service engine light.

I would start by re seating all the connectors you disconnected. Also, reseat the large PCM and trans harness connectors.

Just disconnect them and reconnect. Take notice of any pins out of alignment--

While I was stuck on the side of the road. My hazard lights drained the battery causing the codes to be lost. Are they stored...if so how do I find them?

Back