Problem with ABS on 1998 Ford explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem with ABS on 1998 Ford explorer XLT

W l wood

Reaction score
City, State
Rock hill, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer xlt
I have a 1998 Ford explorer xlt I recently aquired. I replaced the hub on the from and back to remove a roar from the worn bearings. I bought after market hubs that seemed fine exempt that my left ABS is engaging. I took it back to the machanic and the senor wire was replaced, but the problem persists, I eventually had to disconnect the fuse to the ABS under the hood. So now i drive with the ABS light on my dash always on. Anybody had an issue with after market huub from A1 auto having defective hub isses impacting their ABS?

You will need a scanner to look at all the abs sensors while moving slow try to get it to mess up
Then the scanner will show the bad sensor or wire etc...

What donalds said. Without that, you're just speculating. With that said, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that you got a defective bearing sensor ass'y; especially, with a cheaper aftermarket brand like TRQ that 1A Auto sells. But, without knowing for sure via scanning codes, it's not reasonable to go back to 1A Auto and claim they sold you a bad hub bearing. Just my opinion...but, when it comes to wheel bearings, I always stick with quality Timkens for these Explorers.

Back