Problem with Dealer and Added On Nav? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem with Dealer and Added On Nav?

Eltee

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In a high desert city not far from ghost towns ...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
4WD
I went through several navigation threads inc. those about adding navigation but could not find a specific answer to this. I bought my '13 XLT without Navigation used from a local Ford dealership. They told me Nav could not be added. Other dealers told me the same.

I added Nav using that system where three flash drives program it in. Did not touch any hardware, just used the flash drives and added the Ford map SD card. Works perfectly.

I'm due for dealer servicing and was worried about them discovering NAV in a car that was not so equipped from the factory and how they might react ... if at all or if they might use it to void my extended warranty. Admittedly it might just be paranoia on my part.

The ESP itself can not be voided. If a certain part fails and its failure is attributed to a modification, then that particular part only would not be covered under the warranty.
If you are going in for general servicing, I doubt they would even notice.

Peter

The ESP itself can not be voided. If a certain part fails and its failure is attributed to a modification, then that particular part only would not be covered under the warranty.
If you are going in for general servicing, I doubt they would even notice.

Peter

Thanks

Back