Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys,
I am having problems with my new rotors. The truck tends to pull hard to the right. I originally thought it might be a warped rotor, but after reading online, it might be the caliper that is getting stuck.

I replaced my rotors because the stocks were warped and it would pulsate when I braked. I installed new R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors. When jacked into the air, the left side spins freely, but the right side tends to stick. When I spin the left side by hand, it spins probably 10 times and stops slowly. When I spin the right side, it spins maybe two times and comes to a halt suddenly.

When driving, the truck pulls hard to the right and at high speeds shakes a lot. I don’t feel like the rotor is warped tho because when I brake, it doesn’t pulsate at all like it used to.

I am thinking the caliper might be stuck because when I was compressing the pistons, I didn’t open the master cylinder lid like an idiot. Could this have caused a seal to blow in the caliper? How can I test if the caliper is bad?

It could be a sticking caliper or a collapsed brake line. Are you sure the problem is brake related and not wheel bearing related?

I would clean and grease the slides/pins to see if that fixes the problem since it will be free if you do it yourself.

Definitely sticky slide pins. Video in the link in my sig on how to do a brake job.

Back