• Register Today It's free!

Problem with superchip

Ghost99

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Lawn IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport
I just got my superchip back.....and what do you know....it doesnt work!! I think it has something to do with my Ford Theft system. When I plug the chip it, it won't start and the theft light keeps blinking. Anyone one else had this problem? Does anyone have the Superchip with a Ford Theft System?
I'm going to have to call Superchip on monday to fing out what going on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i rang them here i wasnt too impressed
and also your gonna get ya asked to reduce ya signature dude 6 lines

During any of your dealer service visits, have they updated your computer? I brought mine in for service one time, and they went ahead and did the FORD update on their own. Needless to say, this changed the 4-digit program code that superchips asks you for when you order..my chip no longer works!! The thing that pisses me off the most, is that now the dealer can't tell me what the new code is, because they have no clue what I am asking them. I now have a very nice, and briefly used, paperweight!!!

When my dealer changed my code, I had them hook their NGS Star Tester up to my PCM and read the software code that was in there. It wasn't the typical 4-digit code that Ford gave me so I e-mailed what Ford did provide to my SuperChips distributer and he was able to tell me my new PCM 4-digit code. I used the new code I was provided with to order my SuperChip and it worked as expected. Your dealer can most certainly tell you at least the software code that is in your Explorer. Another option is if you send your PCM to SuperChips, they can pull the code as well. They promiss to overnight it back if you overnight your PCM to them. Turnaround is supposedly only a couple of days. I know when I had them replace mine under warranty, they mailed my new one the day they received my old one.

Cool, I'll look into it again. Thanks.

Well, since I bought it used and a do all my own work...I might have to send the PCM to Superchip. Or have the dealer pull the Code.

I called them up today. I was told that they have to install a "plugin" on my PCM. In ther words...install jumper wires to bypass it. They siad they would next day air it back free of charge. I'll let you know in a couple days if it worked.

Back