• Register Today It's free!

Problems changing MFT wallpaper

NCSWolfpak

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Ltd.
Has anyone encountered any issues changing the wallpaper from the display options, and if so figured out a way to get around the issue? I have a jpeg image, size 120 KB that's 800x378. According to the manual, that should be spot on for what should work. However, when I select the image filename it says that it's not compatible. I tried 2 other images (same resolution, similar filesizes, all jpeg) and those got the same result. I'm assuming the USB stick is OK since it's letting me browse the FS to pick the file.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM and posted about it this weekend. Nobody replied.... :(

I had the same problems, but I resized to about 800x350. It worked at that point. I think that you have to have a smaller height than what they list. 350-378 range should work.

Hm, interesting...I'll give that a shot. I wonder if folks with MFT 2.8 have the same problem.

Dropped it to 800x341 and it loaded w/out a problem...looks like someone needs to change the manual!

Looks like something changed between Sync versions. I was able to upload and view the wallpapers shared here on my sync 2.4. Then my dealer upgraded my sync to 2.7 and now those same images don't work. Let me try trimming them to 800X341 and see if that fixes it.

I had the same problem when I went from 2.4 to 2.7, but I managed to get one of my backgrounds to work. If I remember, it was one that was a little smaller than the max size.

It also didn't like my memory stick very much...spit it out a couple times...

Hopefully the next upgrade will catch that problem.

Hey guys,

I researched the matter and found that the SYNC team is currently looking into this concern which seems to occur after the version 2.7 update. The current recommendation is to re-size the image (i.e. 799 x 378), which some of you have mentioned. They are looking to have the issue resolved for the next update.

Cory

Do these dimensions go for phone contacts as well? I have an iphone 3gs and my contacts that do have pictures do not display on the sync system. Is this a similar issue?

Thanks Cory!!!!

@Remeny, good thinking! :) But, probably not.

Back