• Register Today It's free!

problems & solutions

Danman

Reaction score
City, State
Boone, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer
Hey yall I'm a newbie here, but I have several questions that I need answered (b4 the search nazis attacked me, yes i did search). I found some threads about tow hooks, and that really helped me. I have an ARB front bumper on me Jeep grand cherokee, and I was wondering if their was something similar with the X. Recovery points are a must, and the tow hook threads helped me, but whenever I wheel my grand cherokee I always bash the hell out of my front bumper. I noticed that the OEM bumper on the X isn't very strong, and ARB and TJM don't make them for the X. (By the way it is a 95 explorer). second, the stock skids look pretty good, but Whenever I wheel in my Grand Cherokee I always smack my rockers around. Is there any way I can get rock sliders on da X? Third, is there any other problem points on the X. ie. weak cv style drive shafts, crap axles, anything??? Finally what is the cheapest way to lift the X, like a budget boost, or an add a leaf suspension kit of any kind? I thought it was really hard to find off-road parts for the grand cherokee (most people who use them are soccer moms etc.) But it looks like you guys are basically just making your own mods. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Search harder.

Back