Problems with a no start but does crank over motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problems with a no start but does crank over motor

Reaction score
City, State
Kearny New jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xlt 4.0
Hello everyone,
Was here a few weeks back with a problem with removing my intake manifold to get to the fuel rail high pressure switch found out why it wasn’t coming off easily the person who worked on it last stripped the tork bolt in the back by the firewall making it some what fun in removing. I have to thank everyone for all the help I got too.
Now on to my new problem after putting everything back together thinking I had the problem fixed! Went to turn the key and I still had the no start but it did crank over. Did some checking around on the motor to see if I missed something like a plug that wasn’t all the way in that wasn’t the case. Then checked all the fuse’s all were good then checked the coil for spark and had none did have a 12volts into the coil. Went and got a OBD2 for my smart phone “HaHa” and found that it’s not to helpful on a no start motor! Did notice that when I was cranking the motor over the tachometer wasn’t showing any RPM’s leading me to think it was the crankshaft sensor but the motor was working great before the PO193 problem? I’m thinking I may have crunch a wire while laying on top of the motor doing the work. The only other thing I see that isn’t working is the ambient temperature read out in my dashboard.
My question is does anyone know where the wire from the crankcase sensor comes up and connect to the coil and is this wire in the same bundle of wires as the air temp too? Most of the time I come home and been working on it in the dark and cold and a few days in the rain any help would be helpful there is something I'm not seeing. Forgot my truck is a 2004 Explorer 4'0 V6

Not too sure of the crankcase sensor wire location but will note that when I removed my intake manifold for whatever reason I ended up killing the coil pack, it would start but as soon as shifted out of park the whole truck shook and wouldn't move, assuming that was a misfire of some kind. Could be same issue or something similar just sharing my experience, good luck to you

Not too sure of the crankcase sensor wire location but will note that when I removed my intake manifold for whatever reason I ended up killing the coil pack, it would start but as soon as shifted out of park the whole truck shook and wouldn't move, assuming that was a misfire of some kind. Could be same issue or something similar just sharing my experience, good luck to you
Thank you very much I will check it out. I'm still thinking it may be an open wire somewhere.

Back