Problems with factory auto start on 2011 Ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problems with factory auto start on 2011 Ford explorer

Penny Dittmer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
I've had issues with my auto start from day one they keep saying it works for them they replaced one key but the car won't start at a distance they just updated my navigation disconnected my battery to make that work but now my auto start or lock n unlock buttons only work if I'm standing by the car what happened

Sounds like you have the most basic system if the start function is on the key. Very short range, even in the best of circumstances. The longer range versions that have a separate transmitter work much better, and over distances of a couple hundred feet or more depending on terrain.

Advertised direct line of site is 300 feet with that. If its not working that far I would replace the battery in the FOB if you haven't and see if that makes a difference.

I've had issues with my auto start from day one they keep saying it works for them they replaced one key but the car won't start at a distance they just updated my navigation disconnected my battery to make that work but now my auto start or lock n unlock buttons only work if I'm standing by the car what happened

Welcome to the forum, Penny. I'd recommend going back to your dealership and demonstrating what you're experiencing so your tech can help. How many miles are on the Explorer?

Crystal

Back