Problems with SYNC. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problems with SYNC.

Issue with Heater

I have one of the "older" 2011 Ford Explorers (had mine since Feb. 2011) and have been experiences minor issues with SYNC (phone not connecting, system resetting randomly, navigation working but does not speak or provide any sound). I assumed it to be kinks in the system and didn't think much of it, but recently the heat on my driver's side is not working. I can have the heat on full blast and the passenger side is working fine and blowing hot air, but the driver's side is blowing out cold air (as if the ac is on). Once this happened I called the dealer and took the car in to be serviced and the dealer stated that the SYNC system needed to updated which they did and that would take care of the problem (I know they did update the computer because the screen had some minor differences and I had to resync all of my devices). Two days after picking up the car I tried to use the navigation and it again would not talk. With the day being a Sunday the dealer was closed so I was going to wait until Monday morning to call, however, when I got in the car Monday morning I had the black screen of death. I turned the car on and off, opened and closed the door but nothing worked so as soon as the dealer opened, I called and they took my car once again over. This lead to dealer saying they reset the system. As soon as I got in the car I noticed that my phone automatically connected to the bluetooth (so I was not sure they reset the system as I was told) and I tried the heat once again. To no surprise once again the heat did not work so I went right back in and was told by the service manager that he was sorry but there was nothing he could do about the issue. He stated that Ford was aware of the problem, but does not have an answer. Everything else with the SYNC seems to be working, but not ok with driving around with no heat, especially as the weather is turning cold. The heat working fine last winter so I am not convinced it is a SYNC problem as opposed to another problem. With the vent blowing cold air it is not safe to drive because if frost was to build up or the window was to become fogged over, I have no way to fix the problem. When I mentioned this to the service manager he told me that there was nothing he could.

Sorry to ramble and give you way too much detail, but my questions is basically has anyone else had issues with heater (remember that the passenger side is working on the dual climate but not the drivers side)?

If you have had this issue is it fixed and how was it fixed?

...With the vent blowing cold air it is not safe to drive because if frost was to build up or the window was to become fogged over, I have no way to fix the problem...
shelliebean1881,

I’m sorry I didn’t see your post before. I’m available to help with this by sending the info to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your approximate mileage, VIN, dealer name/state, and contact information.

Cory

Back