Production of Explorers per day or week? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Production of Explorers per day or week?

abhoop

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Does anyone have the number of 2011 Explorers that are being produced each day or week? I am curious as I wait to hear more about my X that was ordered on April 8, 2011. I do have a VIN number but that is all at this time.

Andy

:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hard to say. I ordered 4/29 and was told 8-10 weeks. Yesterday I got an email from my dealer that my Ex was built and awaiting shipping to the dealer. I doubt it will arrive on 6/3 as they state.

Judging by the VIN numbers people are getting, I think that they are up to something like 60,000 built units right now. If production started in December (I think), that's five months (or 20 weeks). So, 60,000 divided by 20 = 3,000 per week, which amounts to 600 a day.

It's just a wild guess...

I ordered 3/25 it was built on 5/18 has been awaiting shipment since 5/19. There are 7 others from my dealer since last night waiting shipment and 6 from another dealer couple miles down just waiting for shipment. Wondering if there is a shipping issue now.

They seem to be building so many there isn't any extra parts to fix the ones they already sold! I have been waiting on a new fan for over a month now!

I ordered 3/25 it was built on 5/18 has been awaiting shipment since 5/19. There are 7 others from my dealer since last night waiting shipment and 6 from another dealer couple miles down just waiting for shipment. Wondering if there is a shipping issue now.

Mine was built in 5/14 and is still awaiting shipment. I call that a shipping problem!

They seem to be building so many there isn't any extra parts to fix the ones they already sold! I have been waiting on a new fan for over a month now!

You need to escalate with Customer service. That is not acceptable.

Judging by the VIN numbers people are getting, I think that they are up to something like 60,000 built units right now. If production started in December (I think), that's five months (or 20 weeks). So, 60,000 divided by 20 = 3,000 per week, which amounts to 600 a day.

It's just a wild guess...

Production started well before December. Mine is a mid November build. The build number is about 8,500 for mine.

Back