Program spare key fob, Start push button | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Program spare key fob, Start push button

Artem

Reaction score
City, State
East Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Does anyone know if there is simple way to program a second key? Checked the price on local locksmith & dealer ~ 350$ in NJ

Was curious if anyone tried to program second key using e.g. OHP ELMconfig FORScan OBD2 USB tool?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forscan is the way to go. I have programmed a second key when i only had one, then i used it to enable remote start, and programmed 2 more keys with the remote start.
by the way, Welcome to the forum

Do you have the Intelligent Access Key?

Peter

Do you have the Intelligent Access Key?

Peter
I am not sure. What is that?

Already ordered a new key from Amazon, once I got it I would try to program via FORScan. Unfortunately when I bought a car I got a single key and looks like to add new key you need at least 2.

Already ordered a new key from Amazon, once I got it I would try to program via FORScan. Unfortunately when I bought a car I got a single key and looks like to add new key you need at least 2.
That is what the Manual says but apparently if you have FORScan you should be able to program it. I believe others have done it.
Intelligent Access is keyless entry. With the fob on you all you have to do is grab the door handle to unlock it.

Peter

I am not sure. What is that?

I had only 1 key and had to use forscan. If forscan shows 2 admin keys, you can delete all keys and program both keys as admin. Then you can use the 2 to program a 3rd, if you desire.

I had only 1 key and had to use forscan. If forscan shows 2 admin keys, you can delete all keys and program both keys as admin. Then you can use the 2 to program a 3rd, if you desire.
OP has a 17 which is a different electrical platform and programs differently than your 15. The OP may have to go to a certified/licensed locksmith or the dealer.

That is what the Manual says but apparently if you have FORScan you should be able to program it. I believe others have done it.
Intelligent Access is keyless entry. With the fob on you all you have to do is grab the door handle to unlock it.

Peter
With the fob on you all you have to do is grab the door handle to unlock it. -- Yeah, I have this key than

Back