Programming the home link system

X-Box

Reaction score
City, State
Hollywood, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB V-8
Hey Guys,
I don't have an owners manual for my 99' EB.

Could someone please Email me or post the steps to program the homelink option to open my garage door? Thanks. Dom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe you press the two outside buttons until the light blinks to reset all buttons.

Then put your remote up close to the homelink. Press the button on the remote and then press the button on the homelink untill the homelink light blinks fast.

It's something like that. I don't have the manual here.

That didn't work...Anyone else know how to program the garage door function. Thanks. Dom

If you have a newer door opener i have heard they don't program up. I have a 2000 Raynor opener and the homelink doesn't work.

From Genie:
Genie Intellicode Openers are only compatible with HomeLink models that are equipped with Rolling Code Technology. In December of 1996, HomeLink had a transition process to a rolling code (Intellicode) compatible offering. The transition was scheduled to run through the 1997 model year. Most current year models are rolling code compatible.

The earlier versions that were not compatible with rolling code radio systems utilized a RED indicator light. The upgraded rolling code compatible systems utilize an AMBER indicator light or a triangular RED indicator light within the HomeLink icon. The same training procedure is used on rolling code compatible systems as previous versions with an additional step. Once the original transmitter as trained the HomeLink transmitter, the receiver must be trained to accept the HomeLink transmitter. The process would be the same as adding a transmitter to the receiver.

I don't know in the Explorer, but I think in my parents cars what you do is hold the button in the car and hold the button on the garage door opener at the same time. Make sure both are actually pointing to the garage, and that when you push both buttons you actually open the garage door.

I don't know if that will work for your Ex, but I'm pretty sure that's what my parents did.

My opener is around 10yrs old.

Could someone please tell me the manual step by step process? thanks. Dom

Harry5150,
Thanks....worked no problem.

RiverRat,
you were right about the proceedure, I didn't hold the two end buttons down long enough(20sec) to clear the old code. Thanks. Dom

Back