Project 2000 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project 2000

HEY GUYS, I'M NEW TO THIS PLACE SO I'LL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE THIS A GOOD THREAD, GOT MY 2000 EXPLORER FOR FREE FROM MY SISTER WHICH WAS COOL, SO I DROPPED A REBUILT 4.0 AND FIGURED I'D MAKE THIS MY PROJECT RIDE, ONLY COOL UPGRADE I'VE DONE SO FAR IS THE AUDIO SYSTEM WITH A KENWOOD KDC-MP142 HEAD UNIT AND AND SINGLE 12" SUB BOX IN THE REAR WHICH HANDLES 1,000 WATTS RE AUDIO AND RE AUDIO 6X8'S ON THE DOORS FRONT AND BACK (4 DOOR) 1 800 WATT AMP FOR THE SUB AND 1 800 WATT AMP FOR THE HIGH'S, JUST ADDED YESTERDAY SOME SYLVANIA 9007 ULTRA WHITES JUST FOR NOW, NEXT MONTH I'LL BE RUNNING HID'S FOR THE FRONT AND HID'S FOR THE FOGS, NEW PAINT IN 2 MONTHS AND POSSIBLY UPGRADING THE AUDIO TO A 6,000 WATT SYSTEM:D AND A 3" DROP FRONT AND REAR, SO MUCH MORE TO ADD TO THIS THREAD ON WHAT I'M GUNNA DO, BUT ALL IN GOOD TIME, ALL COMMENTS WELCOMED, THANKS FOR CHECKING THIS OUT.:)

MY BEFORE PIC...
IMG_0001.jpg

MY AUDIO SETUP...
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

22" RIMS TO DECIDE FROM,,,HMMMMMMMM:rolleyes:

Photo0053.jpg

a005.jpg

a014.jpg

a045.jpg

a068.jpg

YOU CAN ALSO SEE MY 2 VIDEOS ON CAR DOMAIN...

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=727704

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=727706

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I have a Flowmaster 40, so I hope it sounds great. Did you compare the Spectre filter to the others? Say a K&N or any other brand? I have no problem with the spectre adapter, but I may shy away from the "cheapo" brand filter unless you speak otherwise. Also, is it reusable?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I have the 5.0, Anyone know if it's the same or I need a dif adaptor?

Yeah, I have a Flowmaster 40, so I hope it sounds great. Did you compare the Spectre filter to the others? Say a K&N or any other brand? I have no problem with the spectre adapter, but I may shy away from the "cheapo" brand filter unless you speak otherwise. Also, is it reusable?

I have had it on for over 3 years. No issues. It's even still white. Just blow it out every couple of months.

I hear you there, spectres are great, would have rather used a k&n setup, but money was tight at the moment,lol,,,,,yes=this filter is washable and reuseable which is cool:thumbsup: Maybe next month or so might switch over to a k&n setup, just to test it out, then hook up the flowmaster:D

I have had it on for over 3 years. No issues. It's even still white. Just blow it out every couple of months.

Sounds good. Also, have you taken a look at your MAF at all to see if it is dirty? Biggest thing i hear with the "high Flow" filters is that they stop less dirt, so in turn you get more on your maf/throttle body. And the re-oiling kit is no big deal since my dad has a K&N drop-in in his A6 and he just got a drop-in for my moms 04 Mounty (what spurred me to look into one for mine) so we have a kit sitting around here. Although it looks as though my filter will be the cheapest, and best, out of the family since it's a cone:thumbsup:

Sounds good. Also, have you taken a look at your MAF at all to see if it is dirty? Biggest thing i hear with the "high Flow" filters is that they stop less dirt, so in turn you get more on your maf/throttle body. And the re-oiling kit is no big deal since my dad has a K&N drop-in in his A6 and he just got a drop-in for my moms 04 Mounty (what spurred me to look into one for mine) so we have a kit sitting around here. Although it looks as though my filter will be the cheapest, and best, out of the family since it's a cone:thumbsup:

Oh snap, i knew there was something i had to buy=throttle body cleaner, since i got this ride from my sis for free, bet the tb has'nt been cleaned out, good looking out bro, will check tomarro and give it a good cleaning:thumbsup:

I do periodically spray the element and clean my tb. I have never had an issue. I do have to preface that with I have never been off road, and it is not dusty or sandy in Texas. Where I am at anyway.

My only worry was in a heavy rain it may suck up some water running in heavy standing water. So I just cut the front off the stock air box and left the 3 sides and the bottom. It never gets wet bc of that and sits right in it.

Yeah, it usually doesnt matter as long as you perform periodic maintenance. And it's a plus for me since I work at a garage (as a *****, not a mechanic, lol). I'll probably buy the stuff Monday or Tuesday, and I'll have it in on Tuesday night (next time I work), hopefully I'll have my camera on me, haha.

I do periodically spray the element and clean my tb. I have never had an issue. I do have to preface that with I have never been off road, and it is not dusty or sandy in Texas. Where I am at anyway.

My only worry was in a heavy rain it may suck up some water running in heavy standing water. So I just cut the front off the stock air box and left the 3 sides and the bottom. It never gets wet bc of that and sits right in it.

I know you guys are gunna either laugh your azzes off or say dumbass,lolllll, but i got so impatient i broke into a million pieces my old filter box housing so now i'll have to retro fit some kind of box or taper off the holes so that no water comes in, damn!!!!!!!!!!,lolllllllll:mad::D

Haha, however I don't think you'll really have a problem. I mean think about it, there's a fuse box underneath the OEM airbox, if anything will have trouble with water, it'll definitely be the fuses before the air filter. Plus it is right over the sealed wheel well, so no water will be getting to it from splash ups.

Haha, however I don't think you'll really have a problem. I mean think about it, there's a fuse box underneath the OEM airbox, if anything will have trouble with water, it'll definitely be the fuses before the air filter. Plus it is right over the sealed wheel well, so no water will be getting to it from splash ups.

Whewwwwwwwwwww, glad to hear that, totally forgot about that, just to be on the safe side imma retro fit something in there as a back up, just in case, but good point:thumbsup:

WOW! I love this thread haha, I thought I had to order the expensive K&N kit, but hell, Im gonna be running to Advance Autoparts tomorrow, sawwwweeet!

WOW! I love this thread haha, I thought I had to order the expensive K&N kit, but hell, Im gonna be running to Advance Autoparts tomorrow, sawwwweeet!

Thanks bro, you'll save alot of $$$, plus an esy install, but one thing, dont do what i did!!!!!!!!!!

lmafo.........................DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
IMG_0001-2.jpg

LMFAO! Haha ouch....I have the stock cone filter anyways I think it comes out easily

...i think

The cone?

Back