Project Baby Runner/Mini Crawler: R.J.'s Navajo Build | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Baby Runner/Mini Crawler: R.J.'s Navajo Build

this thread is going to be just a thread posting any mods or work being done on the Navajo. I'll also make a registry which would kinda like a summery of whats in the vehicle and i already have a thread started about the work im doing to the front beams/axle. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206455

well here's whats up with it right now, its in mexico at McNeiloff-road to have a roll cage put in it :D

IMG_0583Medium.jpg

IMG_0580Medium.jpg

IMG_0581Medium.jpg

here's just some randome shots of the shop.

Chad McNeils shop
IMG_0585Medium.jpg

Perry and Jason's shop
IMG_0584Medium.jpg

this is a shot from the front gate around the buildings. on the right it is Chad McNeil's shop (McNeil Off-road) and towards the left is the building where Perry McNeil (McNeil Racing/Perrys fab n fiber) and Jason McNeil (Fiberwerx) shops are.
IMG_0586Medium.jpg

some sort of buggy
IMG_0570Medium.jpg

some trucks
IMG_0571Medium.jpg

a cool bumper
IMG_0573Medium.jpg

a sport trac
IMG_0575Medium.jpg

IMG_0574Medium.jpg

pictures suck, but here's some explorers
IMG_0576Medium.jpg

IMG_0577Medium.jpg

king pin, equal length.
IMG_0578Medium.jpg

a ranger
IMG_0587Medium.jpg

i forget how massive desert cars are till i see them. all the shocks, springs, tubing, reinforcing etc. is huge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds good, hope the money comes through for you. but we all know how working on cars and "fixing them in time for a run" is :rolleyes:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

My last 4 trips to Moab I only left one time on the day I planned to leave, and even on that day I woke up at 6 am to finish fixing the BII

This is nothing new in fact its tradition! Of course if the run was in July or later that would have helped! LOL

At least now I have another truck that could be fun in Moab and its got AC!

i know what you mean. i was planning on having the navajo ready for t-haven today, so i've been up since 6 am workin. but i am leaving now :rolleyes:

i'll have some pics of the nav in the dirt when i get back :cool:

Yeah i read that after i posted this:rolleyes: lol.

Hmmmm RJ maybe try the g50 and go SOA??? :dunno:

I was gonna suggest the same thing. There's not much else to do (that i can think of) besides going with a custom pack for a lot more $$$.

Yeah a custom pack is 750+ tax. I was really hoping the g50's would work well but it looks like the custom pack is what i will be going with. I dont want to go SOA long term, SUA is better in alot of ways.

no i don't wanna go soa, cause the springs are still to soft and they're bending
this is how they sit now :(

beams096.jpg

guess ill call deaver and see what they can do, or i go superlift again :rolleyes:

and the shocks at that angle probably didn't help with the softness. but the zip-ties show that the shock never bottumed out :thumbsup:

To soft?? Wow the g50 pack is for a ranger with a full cage and 2 spares and all that good stuff. But that bumper and spare tire and the extra wieght of everything from being a suv might be to much. Sucks to hear i was really hoping theyd work...

if you look in the pics from truckhaven you can see the rear had mad stuff. but yes, def too soft. the superlift springs worked way better :(

i have a feeling im gonna get the dual shocks going on and run the superlift springs for another year, and next summer fix up te back end with some nice shocks threw the floor, tub the wheel wells, and hydro bumps.

That really sucks. Did the deavers have more of an arch before the weekend, and the one trip just destroyed them? And just curious, do you think the g50 pack SOA without a rear bumper/tire carrier and cage would work better?

And another question, will you be reusing your old superlift springs or getting new ones? It's cool if you reuse the ones you have instead of me getting them.

the ranger pack would probably work if i didn't have the tire and bumper, and the shackles worked fine :thumbsup:

yeah the superlift springs are off the market righ now. sorry matt :( of course if i get things figured out and don't need the s/l springs, then their yours again :confused:

That's ok on the springs, i could get new ones for just a little bit more, and i think i'll wait a little bit anyway so i am not spending so much all at once. In the second page of that thread, i guess we just need to find out what he ended up doing. The shackle still looks close to the frame, but it looks to be a stock shackle, not a warrior. The ride height of it looks perfect though.

:confused: So many factors to consider.

i would say get the explorer pack instead of the ranger pack though. because the explorer pack is shorter in the rear so it prolly won't bend up like mine is in the pic

Back