project explorer lots of pic ! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

project explorer lots of pic !

hahha a old saab 900 =) yes its gonna be almost like that but im gonna raise the fenders and front to... like the picture but my flipfront is gonna stand straight up and more forward so you can reach everything in the engineroom & look at everything, in the picture you have the fender thats is half(one part on the flip and one part is stil on the body..on explorer the fender is in one pice.. dont know how to do with that, alternitive 1 is to do as on the picture.. alt 2.is to make the flip to slide 2-3" when its gets to the top(really easy to make) otherwise the fender is gonna make you crazy.... when the car is finished and im have it at a show i want people to see and not have to crawl and stuff :p: (bet you know what i mean)
flipfront.bmp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got ya. Yes, an old 900 :) Still going strong with 208k miles. But the lack of 5th gear drove me away from buying it. I don't feel like having to rebuild it right after I get it.

hehe the old saab is a long live car.. had a 900 turbo after that a 9000 turbo.. now im more for volvo.. both volvo and saab (the old once) are so cheap, you getit allmost for free.. =) if you wanna have some fun and trash a car it probobly is a saab or volvo .. we hade to many of them here (haahah)
the body dies and the engine keeps runing ...

Now its Done...

Today it happend....
The body is seperated from the Chassie...
It was a hard match but finerly i won.. :p:

So i took a lot of pictures on the chassie, some on the body!
i was totaly alone, should had be nice to have a friend today but after 2½ hours it was done.... take a look
http://www.toodiee.se/page9.html

Bild%20091.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder%20007.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder%20020.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder%20044.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

sweet...

i wanna have a rear axle lock, hmm differental? what will fit in the ford 8.8 axle? anybody ?

Hello!

Nice project, first post here from another Swede, I usually hang around another explorer forum.

I've been looking at your site and the pics, nice work so far!

Where are located at?

tja.. =) håller till i gustavsberg(sthlm) vilket explorer forum håller du till på vanligtvis ?

hehe i got the company to by a big blaster with tank and stuff.. =) i belive it will arive in one week, then is gonna be funny..
wanna have the frame blasterd and ready for some paint =)..

jsut got home.. have to sleep so i'll tell you some info tomorrow.. but today its happend alot..
check out the nice pics on the website..

add some pics here to..

bilder1%20001.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder1%20004.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder1%20005.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder1%20016.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder1%20010.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

Can't wait to see it all painted!!

Are you sand blasting it or just using a grinder?

Ok hercules, how did you get that body up there on those racks?????

Oh and nice build thread!

this is great. I wish i had your patience and drive to do something like this...lookin good!

i used 3 electrical winches, to get it up on the racks..i was alone and it was totaly crazy but i succed'd.. well im gonna sand blaster every litle part thats stuck to the chassie, then i'll find a few cool colors and paintit..
Then im gonna take a fight with the body... now its time to work, cya

as you can see i succeed to take the gear box out, witch was very easy since i all ready taking away the wires and stuff...
i just had to remove the 2 drive shafts...
then pull it out of the chassie..
the tank disaperd also.. with a abrasive disc its very easy =)
jes and the exhaust system of course... So now its allmost a rolling chassie..

so now its just to wait and see whats happening next =)

today i sat and playing with photshop, have to make up some kind of plan to the flipfront, have to make a order off the steal pipe im gonna use.. dont know if its gonna be round or square, i think it looks nice with round pipes but its complicated to build with it.. its not that i cant it's just that i takes long time... what do you think ? round or square ?

put in some example pics..

bilder%20003%20copy.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

bilder%20002%20copy.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

tomorrow im going for some shoping... dont have time and patience to wait for the big one so im gonna get this stuff..

076100_c.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

blaster 1 and down under blaster 2
076007_c.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

ofcourse some blaster sand
018297_c.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

its not the best stuff you can get but its always something.. and with this 3 thing i can continue with my work..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hehe i bought the stuff today, its was a nice results after blastering a part of the frame but i belive im gonna continue with abrasive disc and only blaster the parts thats totaly need it.. hehe promise that i had 25kg blaster sand in my shoes when i was ready =)

Back