project freebie H3 hunter | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

project freebie H3 hunter

ok i was givine a 5.0l awd 1998 murcery mounty a tree fell on it my plan is to repiar the roof and mod it so it is just as capable as a new h3 hummer for cheaper than what it would have cost me to buy a stock 98 awd 5.0 mounty here is pic of it

62e5c7f2.jpg

Gotta give it to you turtle, i dont believe ive ever seen a moslty stock awd handle trails like that. Mad props. All u did was add the 31 right? Convince the wife on the 33 yet. last pic looks like u put in a lift looks good? Ive got an 02 mounty and do some light wheeling everything stock the IRS is killing me though. My biggest surprise is the tcase putting the power down like it did. U think the tree incident is an awd weakness or tranny failure.

Thanks Sorry I took so long to get back. I don't think the trans or t case has given out yet. only time they have let me down is crawling one time gave it full throttle and didn't go anywhere. needs a low range. it will be easer on trans and motor and make crawling easer as well. I just got a high lift jack and fixed my busted side window.

Back