Project Lazyboy SAS... | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Lazyboy SAS...

So just bought the wife a new 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost she told me I can have the Lincoln Aviator and do whatever I want with it. So I am going to SAS this beast. Already started collecting parts. This time I am going full widths.

Here is pic of the bosses new truck...
20120805_095252.jpg

Project Lazyboy 2003 Lincoln Aviator 4.6 DOHC 5 speed auto AWD.
20120422_174132.jpg

Plans for the truck
3/4 ton Chevy leafs rear.
Ford 9.75 5.13 Detroit
F150 High pinion Dana 44 5.13 electric locker
Custom long arm set up with coilovers
Electric shift BW1356 (should fit since the frame is wider and gas tank is on the pass side).

I should be starting the build in the next couple months. We are getting ready to move so I may not start until mid/late Fall. Stay tuned....:D

Oh and if anyone wants some upgrade parts for there Explorer or Mountaineer the Lincoln used Aluminum front control arms and I think a few other things like bigger brakes all that stuff will be for sale. Also the Aviator has 4.30 gears in it now those axles will be up for grabs when the time comes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No updates still working on the electrical in the shop. I did order a 40" LED bar for Double R!

Check out the Facebook page if you like the page you might win a 40" LED bar. Plus there prices are great on all there bars. I got two 6" and the 40" one.
https://www.facebook.com/OlympusOffRoad

20130109_195002.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wait you only went down ten inches or there was ten inches of frost followed by 8 inches of soft stuff?

When you said hand digging yesterday, I pictured you out there on hands and knees with a trowel heh. Was gonna ask why you didn't just rent a trencher lol. *facepalm*

When you said hand digging yesterday, I pictured you out there on hands and knees with a trowel heh. Was gonna ask why you didn't just rent a trencher lol. *facepalm*

I started to hand dig it and when realized how deep the frost was I said screw this. This power will only be for a few years until I can afford for the shop to have it's own 200 amp service. I just don't have the spare flow right now. But I will probably leave the line just in case I ever need to have power in the shop while running the house on generator power.

20130122_101021.jpg

20130122_101040.jpg

See, now this is exactly why I say stay away from air shocks! :D You have some serious rake going on there--

The pictures with tires under the front do indeed look great-I think that front bumper has to " give a little for the team" though.

Good job Josh. :thumbsup:

See, now this is exactly why I say stay away from air shocks! :D You have some serious rake going on there--

The pictures with tires under the front do indeed look great-I think that front bumper has to " give a little for the team" though.

Good job Josh. :thumbsup:

Thanks I am excited to finally have time and good weather to work on it. I should have it on the road by end of Feb. Steering box and Tcase I need to start figuring those out. I might see about a Super Duty case if I can make it fit. I am going to measure my Super Duty and see if there is room. Cause it will bolt right up to the tranny. Ordering a Truetrac next month for it. Going to look at Triumph Rocket III tonight. I have been wanting a bike for awhile I think this is the year. Momma said she didn't care so I am going to jump at this one(Probably cause she just upped my life insurance). LOL :D

And yes the bumper is going to take one for the team. Probably hit the trash pile and build a custom one fit the factory fogs back up or maybe some LEDs.

That teaser shot is just plain awesome. I'm jealous of your shop too. Nice work :thumbsup:

That teaser shot is just plain awesome. I'm jealous of your shop too. Nice work :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yeah the shop has been awhile coming. Very blessed to have this amazing property and a wife who puts up with all the redneck in me. Even the 2 car garage is nice sized 24'x27' compared to were I was working before. Been using it for work while the shop is under construction.

Oh and here is Video taken in the gulch in my back yard this last Sat. The Blazer and Double R made it up this spot. The TJ didn't want to be shown up so he tried. LOL He blew up his Dana 44 had to rebuild it in the shop after this happened.

looks like a case of too much skinny pedal (coming from a guy with a lot of experiance in that lol)

Your garage sounds like mine. The square footage is about the same as our house lol. Fits 2 cars an suv and a truck plus a workshop. Progress is looking good!

Also what are you planning on doing with your steering? Flat top knuckle or??? Just curious as this is whats holding up progress on mine :(

Back