Project: Lift Me | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project: Lift Me

Hey Guys

Thanks to V8boatbuilder & Izachary, I have been thinking about turning my X from Street into Off Road. I went on a wheeling trip with them and had a blast. First thing first. I need to lift it and get bigger tires.

17867Posterpic.jpg

17867flexing.jpg

17867uphill.jpg

17867headon.jpg

17867headon.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good idea :thumbsup:

well i can tell you that doing my lift my self made me like it that much more. so how much lift r u goin with.

I was thinking a 2 inch lift.

Burns said:
well i can tell you that doing my lift my self made me like it that much more. so how much lift r u goin with.

R u invloved with any ems work with the light bar?

are u planning on doing a 2 inch body or suspension lift

do a suspension lift, much easier and it looks better IMO, also, where were those pics taken of you wheelin?

Cape Cod. We paid 30 bucks for a permit to wheel for a whole week. We only used it for 2 days though

BigDave!!! said:
do a suspension lift, much easier and it looks better IMO, also, where were those pics taken of you wheelin?

Lifting your truck Matt? Great idea, with the lights on top it would look totally awesome :D

I guess this means we'll be having a wrenching party to get Matt's X from stock to shock. :cool: .. I'll be glad to lend a hand as well as a well stocked tool assortment. Of course lifting your X when gas prices are out of control :eek: may not be the wisest move right now..

I would love to have yout help john. First thing first is the lift this puppy and make everything look even. Then I bet I can get some bigger wheels off Issac to get started. I think he his trying to get new tires.

DeRocha said:
I guess this means we'll be having a wrenching party to get Matt's X from stock to shock. :cool: .. I'll be glad to lend a hand as well as a well stocked tool assortment. Of course lifting your X when gas prices are out of control :eek: may not be the wisest move right now..

DeRocha said:
Of course lifting your X when gas prices are out of control :eek: may not be the wisest move right now..

I think it's the wisest thing in the world...that way you can run over the more fuel efficient vehicles then suck out their precious precious fluids

code

Ahh, Trent....the forum Vampire who only comes out at night......of the closet that is! ;)

Back