• Register Today It's free!

Project plans

Davies0202

Reaction score
City, State
Blandon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mountaineer 4.6
Anyone got any cool projects for their Explorers or mountaineers going this year?
Can be anything at all just seeing what everyone’s doing with these third gens currently lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone got any cool projects for their Explorers or mountaineers going this year?
Can be anything at all just seeing what everyone’s doing with these third gens currently lol
I'm gonna be lifting mine and doing a basic audio install. It seems to be pretty dead here though so you aren't gonna get many responses. Lol.

I still have my 03 Limited, but my son drives it now. In the last year or so I noticed flaking paint on the hatch. I sanded it down, substantially. Sprayed it with some custom mixed 2 stage paint. It’s still a bit of a work in progress, but much better. Put the 20s back on it for the summer.

4B5082D7-54F8-4309-A4EF-2F9104CFE825.jpeg

C6BD8697-951F-4937-AC6E-83F36D9A5A4A.jpeg

DC0A5064-8341-41A7-B14A-A6080169E42B.jpeg

Its coming,
had to acquire a couple of things, check dimensions, stock pile parts,wiring, and a game plan. That's enough hints for now.

I'm gonna be lifting mine and doing a basic audio install. It seems to be pretty dead here though so you aren't gonna get many responses. Lol.
Sounds nice hoping I finally update my old audio system this year lol, good luck with the lift!

Its coming,
had to acquire a couple of things, check dimensions, stock pile parts,wiring, and a game plan. That's enough hints for now.
😮sounds exciting good luck keep us updated!

I still have my 03 Limited, but my son drives it now. In the last year or so I noticed flaking paint on the hatch. I sanded it down, substantially. Sprayed it with some custom mixed 2 stage paint. It’s still a bit of a work in progress, but much better. Put the 20s back on it for the summer.

View attachment 330214

View attachment 330215

View attachment 330216
Looks good! I have to do a lot of painting this year lol rusting inside and out

I think my next move will be going to mud terrain tires. The Terra Grappler all terrains don't really provide much traction. I hope to get a set of five mud terrain when the Nittos wear out, and a used matching OEM 17" wheel for the spare. I will be doing five wheel rotation instead of four.

I think my next move will be going to mud terrain tires. The Terra Grappler all terrains don't really provide much traction. I hope to get a set of five mud terrain when the Nittos wear out, and a used matching OEM 17" wheel for the spare. I will be doing five wheel rotation instead of four.
Lol I’m in the same boat waiting for my cooper at3s to wear out before I upgrade my wheels

It begins now!!!!!!

Hooyah, we build we fight..........

View attachment 340304

View attachment 340305

View attachment 340306
I must say, after doing the lift, I used 2" blocks instead of 3 though. Deer do not stand a chance anymore.

Prior to my lift, I had one dent a fender, one took out the front grill and header, and one took out the front grill and headlight and another fender.

After the lift. I caught one at full 55mph, never got a chance to hit the brakes. ( I won't go into specifics, but the A-Hole behind me with highbeams on and then went to pass me, I wish would've caught this one)
Anyway had a chuck in my tow hooks, and only damage was to lower bumper cover where the fog lights would go. I didn't have any in at the time.

Back