Project X = Tires ??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project X = Tires ???

ok, after posting on several boards, reading everything from craigslist to 4wheelparts.com, i am needing some help figuring out which tires would be best for my project X...the tire size is 35x12.50x15...the following are the tires i have found, and i'm needing some input on what would be good for both driving to and from the trails, and also on the trails...i have had bfg a/t's since they pretty much came out...the other models i don't personally know about, so thanks in advance...

1) bfg a/t's
2) bfg m/t's
3) bfg baja's
4) procomp m/t's
also 1 toyo tire lol...

5) Xterains i forgot to add...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 new questions, xterrains and procomps in general??? as i said i have had the bfg a/t's for years and loved them for so many reason's...

1)are the procomps as good a tire???

2) m/t's and xterrains???

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

ok, you guy's got me steering directly to the m/ts...which ones seem to be procomps, but i will see what kind of deals i can make....:D

yep...hate my x-terrains so far...but for the price i could not pass them up...never had them off road yet..but on they street they are not plesant....

Dunno what you're budget is but have you looked at the Maxxis Buckshots? Basically the same patterns as the BFG MT and ProComp MT but typically twenty or so dollars cheaper per tire. But if you're budget is not limited, go for the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers :D

Buckshot Mudder:
ecommerce_thumbnail.aspx

Creepy Crawler:
ecommerce_thumbnail.aspx

no man, i want the pretty dune grapplers :D lol i read that link you posted also...:thumbsup:

i am buying used sets, thats my budget...;)

Ah gotcha, well the BFG or ProComp MT it is then! :D

Maxxis tires are more difficult to find anyway -- I for one have been looking for a local distributor cauz I've read good things about the Creepy Crawlers (compared to the TSL-SXs).

no man, i want the pretty dune grapplers :D lol i read that link you posted also...:thumbsup:

Hey! Us posures need tires to you know :D

you guys are too funny...dan, i meant no disrespect but those have got to be the prettiest tires i've seen in my life...those go on what we call mall crawlers out here...:D

stic-o, i didn't know before if you meant you really liked the xterrains or not...i just talked to that guy and he is sponsored by procomp so i might get his bling wheels...:thumbsup: and i told him to sell the tires to someone else...thanks guys ;)

you guys are too funny...dan, i meant no disrespect but those have got to be the prettiest tires i've seen in my life...those go on what we call mall crawlers out here...:D

stic-o, i didn't know before if you meant you really liked the xterrains or not...i just talked to that guy and he is sponsored by procomp so i might get his bling wheels...:thumbsup: and i told him to sell the tires to someone else...thanks guys ;)

If he's sponsored..tell him to get me MT's:p:

Don't like X-Terrains, mostly because they are directional:thumbdwn:

and what are you going to do with 6 lug wheels?:confused:

dan, i meant no disrespect

I know you didn't. Here in KC there is no place to wheel and with AWD currently and the Mounty being my daily driver it is pretty much a mall crawler :(

I'm hoping to change that by next year.

found them the minute he reposted with the new price, bigmac and i already have an agreement, kinda...i'm just trying to figure out the pickup, tire and wheel swap on that deal...

stic-o, the wheels am addittionally working on are perfect match to what i need...the reason he is selling them is his sponsor just set him up on 37's...he is going to start having take-offs...see where this is leading...:scratch:

that is why i asked you if you are dead set on staying with 15's...:D

black goblin, if you are reading this our deal is still on, on my wheels...

these are the other wheels i'm working on since, they are a deal i think i can't pass up...just needs to verify b.s.....:D

wheelsoa5.jpg

get some trxus mt's and i think you will be more than happy

dirtbro, can you post some pics or a link to them here???

Here ya go:

A friend of mine just put a set of these on his Chevy Tahoe recently and can't believe how quiet these are for a mud tire they don't make the typical whirring noise like a lot of other mud tires make. if ya seem em in action let me know;)

Attachments

• jeep-parts.ashx.jpg
    jeep-parts.ashx.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 162

i had a pair before the rockers and i loved them...super quite and they held their own in all conditions...super impressed with them in the snow and ice. they come siped and perform better than any other mud tire ive seen in these conditions...they are also awesome in the sand as well...the only time they got loud was when they were very worn down (below the wear bar worn)...i dont know how to post pics but here is a link to some of my photos...some have the trxus and some have the rockers...
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=7631465&albumId=0

1079161503_l.png

l_1107ca98ddc4a490764aab726f4f7b99.png

Back