Prompt Voice Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prompt Voice Control

maple39

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
So traveling to D.C. I put on the sat nav to direct me where to go. As my wife was talking she wanted to turn down radio, but it seemed as if only the prompt volume went down. Nothing would turn the music volume down. It wasn't til we stopped for petrol and shut down the car/restarted that we were once again able to adjust radio volume. Weird. Anyone have any similar issues?

So traveling to D.C. I put on the sat nav to direct me where to go. As my wife was talking she wanted to turn down radio, but it seemed as if only the prompt volume went down. Nothing would turn the music volume down. It wasn't til we stopped for petrol and shut down the car/restarted that we were once again able to adjust radio volume. Weird. Anyone have any similar issues?

What version do you have? I have MFT version 3.6. I think I know what you mean by the way. When I was going to Baltimore from D.C. the other day, I turned down the volume right when the Satellite navigation lady started talking but it didn't turn the music volume down. I just shut the navigation lady up by accident. So I turned the volume knob back up immediately after clicked Ok to repeat so I can hear the navigation talking again. It will only happen when you turn the volume down while the navigation is talking is from what I've experienced so far. Just wait until the navigation is done talking, then turn the knob.

Sorry, should have put that it's the 2013 Explorer with the most recent update to the MFT/Sync. Oddly though, even when the navigation prompt ended and i touched the volume, i could see that the display kept reading "prompt" and the level increase/decrease. I'm glad it reset, but will be sure not to touch the thing again while it talks.

Back