Proud new 2006 owner!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Proud new 2006 owner!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ExplorerDMB said:
Nice looking 06! :thumbsup:

-Drew

hey Drew hows the 5r55 tranny holding up and why did you put it in?

awdrocks said:
oooops!!! Sorry to hear that. I hope this doesnt become another struggle like the 02'-05' problems that never get resolved. I PERSONALLY think they should have kept the 5speed and worked all the bugs out.

So far two out of the two people on this site with the 4th gen claim a prob. Not a good start. Dont worry though.... I think you made a great buy. Keep us posted and good luck.

Well mine are not effecting the useability of the X...

My rattle i still haven't had addressed until i get more of a "word" from my source that the fix in known for the slight rattle.
Seatbelt finickiness is off and on for the passenger side so both will be addressed at the same time.

My Traction light only appears when it's supposed to upon wheelspin ;)

awdrocks said:
hey Drew hows the 5r55 tranny holding up and why did you put it in?

the 5R55E was stock in my '00.

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
the 5R55E was stock in my '00.

-Drew

Is it really???? Wow... I thought all the 2nd gens had 4r70w's and only in the 3rd gen they started using the 5r. Very interesting.

awdrocks said:
Is it really???? Wow... I thought all the 2nd gens had 4r70w's and only in the 3rd gen they started using the 5r. Very interesting.
Nope, the 5r55e came out in 97 on all 2nd gen V6 models.

Good luck on the seatbelt the '01 Stang I just traded for my Explorer had the same problem on the driver's side.

lets get some interior shots!!!! thats the shiz

awdrocks said:

only the 96-01 V8 5.0 Xs used the 4r70w's ;)

awdrocks said:
lets get some interior shots!!!! thats the shiz
Ford_Explorer_205-1024.jpg

exp06_gallery_int_4.jpg

beutifull!!! I LOVE the new interior. Two thumbs up for center shifter. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am not a big fan of the newer style, but that yours does look nice.

looks nice, seems to be an Eddie. Mine is on his way to GE, will arrive next week. Need some changes for german car registration, so i´ll get him in the first week of jan.06

Just got the first pics... ( XLT 4x4 V8, Darkblue-Pearl, Leather "Camel", 3rd Seatrow, ... )

XP06_1.jpg

XP06_2.jpg

XP06_3.jpg

I would like to see some of the modifications that make it "German legal".

not a real big deal :
turnlights mustn´t be red but yellow, so the reversing lights will get orange bulbs for use as turnlights.

Reversing light and foglight must be added under the bumperguard, for towing I just need a GE-head ( already available ), electric outlet for trailer need to be changed to a 13-pin-version.

Maybe headlights need to be swapped from 9005 ( ? ) socket-bulbs to H4 or similar.

Thus orange cornerlights at the front must be o.o.o ( "out of order" ) :confused: .

This should be the most important changes. Will make a list when it´s done.

Back