proud owner of 2012 Black Limited

bluelion

Reaction score
City, State
Spring, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 EX Limited
proud owner of 2012 Black Limited, now w/ window tint

well, after lurking several different forums and doing a bunch on online window shopping and reading reviews....i got a 2012 ford explorer limited 301a, with tow package and 20" polished wheels, and pecan interior....it looks amazing. i will say the only thing i wish i had was factory HID's but i couldn't justify the couple of grand for that package when the only thing i wanted from it was HIDs....so i'll be getting a set of DDMtuning hids....i've dealt with them before with a previous car and was satisfied.....also got a question regarding window tint, did you guys tint the rear windows darker than the privacy tint that's already on the windows? or did ya'll leave it alone and just tint the front two??

anyway, i traded in my 2010 nissan maxima sport/tech package for the EX because of issue with car seat clearance and overall storage/roominess. although the maxima was a "larger sedan", the rear seats were like sport buckets so the side bolsters would push the car seat forward, making my wife move the passenger seat forward....pass seat was so forward that her knees were literally touching the glove box. i loved the maxima for what it was and i love the ex for what it is.....so here are a few pics i snapped....

2435551010053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2497873850053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2930681400053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2165073770053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2157315540053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2361672250053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2929731810053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2148978540053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. I've got a 2011 Sterling Gray with the Pecan interior. I've got to say I think it goes better with a Black exterior. I just added tint to the front. Have fun with it!

Looks great! Mine will be the same, other than I ordered the 302A package. Thanks for sharing your pictures. :)

I can only repeat myself - the best color/wheel config. (incl. interior) there is - congrats!:thumbsup:

Just picked ours up, it's the Tri White, with pecan interior, 302a, Limited, I like these colors, I'll upload picks soon.
Want to add the interior LEDs, remove the front license plate mount, and add the shark antenna, rear bumper guard, and side nerf bars (chrome).

Great looking ex! I dig the pecan interior:thumbsup:

Didn't like the pecan on the one I saw at the dealer, but it wasn't in black either. Like it in yours a lot! Congrats!

I went with a Limited Platinum White with Stone, 302A (love the HID's :) and wanted the A.C.C.). I am just going to tint the fronts myself and then install me my own headrest DVD system.

That looks sharp! Congratulations!

Welcome and congrats on your new EX. You'll love it. Great interior by the way.

Congrats! I'm also a Tux/Pecan owner.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the child seat in the Explorer. We put ours on the 40% side of the back seat. The front passenger still has to move up a good bit. Nothing like the Titan we came from, but that is a fullsize.

Very nice....diggin the interior threads. Nice job, my friend was telling me that he has had so many issues with the Maxima. He is ready to burn it.

Just picked ours up, it's the Tri White, with pecan interior, 302a, Limited, I like these colors, I'll upload picks soon.
Want to add the interior LEDs, remove the front license plate mount, and add the shark antenna, rear bumper guard, and side nerf bars (chrome).

We ordered the same combo (4WD). But I've never actually seen the pecan. We did it because I've got a 7 and a 4 year old and the light leather of our XC-90 is thrashed (the structural integrity is ok, it's just filthy).
- Definitely doing the shark antenna...that thing is sweet.
- Step side, not sure yet.

Congrats! I'm also a Tux/Pecan owner.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the child seat in the Explorer. We put ours on the 40% side of the back seat. The front passenger still has to move up a good bit. Nothing like the Titan we came from, but that is a fullsize.

we're putting the car seat in the middle of the second row. although it touches the inner sides of the front seats, it's not pressing up on them real hard enough to make indentions. we weren't able to do that on the Max....

Very nice....diggin the interior threads. Nice job, my friend was telling me that he has had so many issues with the Maxima. He is ready to burn it.

yeh, i was lucky with my max that i didn't have any CVT issues or anything for that matter. i hope i'm just as lucky with the explorer and MFT issues.....

CVT...oh brother! Talk about zapping the fun out of driving! Sorry if you were a fan.

i will say that it made the ride smooth. not feeling every shift during normal driving was pretty nice....the times i wanted to hear/feel the shifts was when i would get on it....hearing the rpms going up but not shifting was uneasy/different.

Nice car, congratulations!

Hey, I'm in Spring too! Small world, isn't it!

How did they treat you at Lone Star?

Here is a link too. We should all get together some time.

Nice, Good buy, Enjoy the truck. Looking foward to getting one myself.

Nice car, congratulations!

Hey, I'm in Spring too! Small world, isn't it!

How did they treat you at Lone Star?

Here is a link too. We should all get together some time.

definitely a small world.....do you live on east or west side of 45 ?

they were great at lone star. i initially went to planet ford and they were going to do a dealer trade with this vehicle at lone star...but the sales guy wouldn't call me back in time manners a couple of times. plus on wednesday he said i'd probably have to wait until next month cause they wouldn't be able to get me to the numbers i wanted and next month is when the $1000 rebate would be available....i told him that it was already available at the time.....he didn't even know that, and he said he would call me in 10 minutes.. (time was 7:30pm wednesday night).....i have yet to hear back from him. oh and if you decide to take a trip to lone star, talk to javier medina. tell him gary sent you ( i could use the $100 referral...hehehehe)

Grew up on the east side, now live on the west side :)

Tomball Ford and Planet are closest to us, so we'll probably start there, but we will keep your recommendation in mind when we take the plunge.

Enjoy the rain from TS Lee (yeah, right!).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

updated pics w/ window tint

got windows tinted today....added 40% to the rears and 35% for the two fronts....

2515832360053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

2925196850053287632S600x600Q85.jpg

Back