Pugly | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pugly

The Good, The Bad, & the Pugly :D

1994 Purple Explorer XLT 4wd

I decided to have a registry for my "Other" rig so I can post things done and have a reference for it.

Pretty much stock drive train.

4.0 OHV-A4ld-1354e.
D35 front 4:56 Yukon gears, Aussie Locker.
2nd gen disc 8.8 rear 4:56 gears, Spartan Locker.

Front C-Clip eliminator Mod.

Slight lift with 2" Skyjacker coils & rear F-150 hybrid leaf packs.

3" PA body lift
Helpful thread with pics for the front body mounts
Pics of front body lift mounts

Swapped to manual hubs.
Double U-joint XJ steering shaft.

33" x 12.5" x 15" Cooper Discoverer ATX3, mounted on 15"x10" AR Outlaw1 alum wheels - full size matching spare.

Shocks:
Front Rancho 9000xl
Rear Rancho 9000xl
Duff Stabilizer shock.

Sway bar quick disconnects front & rear.
Custom tube sliders w/kickouts

22" LED light bar.
18w amber fog Led pods.
55w rock lights--2 front--1 rear over diff.
8 LED pods for rocker lights.

Full brush guard.
2.5" Fender Flares.

TTB Diff guard & Skid plate.

Custom roof rack with 48" Extreme Hi-Lift jack.

Flipped Tow hitch & front hooks for tow points.

Cobra19 CB & rear hatch mounted firestick antenna.
Rear view HD camera.
JVC DVD/CD/MP3 Head unit with 7" HD Monitor.
Sony 6.5" front speakers.
Rockford Fosgate 5.25" component rear speakers.
8" JL Audio sub in 2001 enclosure with 500w amp mounted on enclosure.

Custom made center console with CB/Rear view color monitor/2-12v outlets/ in-out temp display. D cell Maglite mounted on cargo panel. Truck bed liner on cargo floor.
Custom Cargo storage box with topside spare tire mount.

'99 Eddie Bauer Front Leather buckets.
'94 Limited Rear leather split bench.

Pugsnewshoes_zpsf609e609.jpg

puglynewbrushguard1.jpg

94frontpassprofile.jpg

puglyrti2.jpg

puglyrearrti1.jpg

puglyrti1.jpg

aftermathmudbath2.jpg

puglysnewseats.jpg

cbantbracket.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's awesome Gregg, once you get that done you won't know which Ex to take wheeling :p:

LOL! I just cant wait for better MPG, and be able to drive it a little harder. Don't want to burn up another trans too fast here. :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Got a crazy Kool deal on a new set of front Rancho 9000xl adjustable for Pugly!

There on their way via UPS now. Anybody need a new set of stock size black Monroe Sensatrac's? :D

Weather permitting and hopefully I am feeling better by Saturday..... Got all the parts to fix the pass door hinges, and striker today. Also got a set of window motor bushings to fix the rear pass side. Now if the new shocks arrive by then, they will also get installed too. :)

Sounds great about the ranchos mate. Get well soon ay. :)

Woo hoo! The 97 disc brake 4.10 geared 8.8 is finally here! :D

I have to make a bracket to attach the E-brake cables to the frame, Get the brake line figured out, clean it up, change the fluids, paint it, install new E-brake hardware kit, new pads, and get it installed.

The front 3rd member needs new fluids, and the C-clip eliminator installed.

Can't wait to get this done! :bounce:

Pugly got a hot temper today. She blew her top and took the water pump with it.

Thanks to 88comingup, she got cooled off with a new one installed as I was just to sick with pneumonia to handle it on my own.

Thanks Steve!

Pugly got a hot temper today. She blew her top and took the water pump with it.

Thanks to 88comingup, she got cooled off with a new one installed as I was just to sick with pneumonia to handle it on my own.

Thanks Steve!

That's awesome of Steve. Nice to have a local ef'er at your side when ya need help.

Pugly scored a new JVC dvd/cd HU and a Kenwood amp today!

Merry Ex-mas Pugly! :D

Do I see rock cameras in the near future? The aux input on that head unit with some backup or HFT cameras would be nice.

~Mark

You aint doing work tomorrow are you mate?:D

Merry Exmas Gregg n Pugs:):thumbsup:

You aint doing work tomorrow are you mate?:D

Merry Exmas Gregg n Pugs:):thumbsup:

Not tomorrow, but soon. Going to be a lazy fat cat watching the football game and relaxing most of the day. I needs my rest, and Christmas day is a perfect time to do just that! :D

Oh heck, Its already Christmas in the land down under! Merry Ex-Mas to you as well Greg! :thumbsup:

Cheers mate!:D Got the turkey on at 6 this morning and Mum and Dad are coming round for lunch. Mate got me a lovely bottle of Irish whiskey which should be quite bloody nice after the bird!!! Good health to you and yours amigo!

Forgot I had these pictures on the camera. This happened last month on Thanksgiving.

The kids decided that it was a good idea to take the Heep & the F-150 out on some trails after dinner, and forgot that it had rained 4" the day before. LOL!

Long story short...Pugly had to go pull them both out.

f150stuckinmud1.jpg

heeperstuck3.jpg

mudaftermess.jpg

aftermathmudbath1.jpg

aftermathmudbath2.jpg

Just upgraded to a new lifetime warranty 130amp alternator.

Was hoping the regulator was messing up and the cause of my gauges being all whacked out. Nope.....oh well, it's a good thing anyways to have this one in there.

:)

Nice Pics, dig those tires! Do the aftermarket alternators make a difference? Running original and feel it is just a matter of time before I need one (95 original owner).

If the stock alternator takes a dump, and need to replace, might as well go with the 130 amp is all. Don't really matter what brand it is if it works, and if you get a lifetime warranty if it breaks, just get another. :D

There are top of the lines brands out there if you want to pay for it, but that's just personal preference.

93 - 96 uses the same Alt FYI. ;)

Back