• Register Today It's free!

Pulled codes and need some help.

Brett F.

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 4x4
Hey guys, I finaly figured out how to pull codes from the 93 Ex and need your help on figuring out the next step. I get no CEL at all but getting crummy gas milage.

KOEO
121 TPS voltage out of range

CM
111 Pass

KOER
121 TPS voltage out of range - inconsistant with MAF
125 TPS voltage lower than expected - fuel control
173 O2 sensor not switching - system is/was rich - Ho2S System indicates rich

Ok so from these codes guys/gals I see that I may have either a bad TPS running rich and an O2 sensor that is bad.

Just looking for clarification I guess.

Drive 30min one way to work everyday and gas $$ is on the rise so looking to get all out I can.

MAF is freshly cleaned, KKM filter, had done the TPS mod but could never get it down to .95 it was at .99 . That is as low as I could get it to go.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Brett

get the tps down to .95, you may have to wollow out the holes a bit with a drill

The 02 sensor not switching indicates a bad 02 sensor or wiring to it, however I would start with getting the TPS adjusted, clear the codes again and see what happens

Thanks 410 .

Will do after church tomorrow. Or at least try to.

Did you get it fixed? I would suspect the O2 sensor as a very last resort. I would guess with the TPS out of range, the computer can't compensate enough. That's why the O2 sensor fault appears. It's only responding to the real fault...the TPS.

Back