Pulling the trigger on the Superlift | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

I could not handle the wait times...

I really could not handle the additional wait times...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could not handle the wait times...

I really could not handle the additional wait times...
This is ridiculous.... To bad there are not other company's out there making parts for explorers ..

so I called back today......this is what the guy said..

"your crossmember just came in, and its sitting in the warehouse
somewhere buried in 9 big bins, YOU and 2 other peoples
crossmembers are in those bins (somewhere). so we start breaking
down the bins until we come across all the parts that were on hold.
and they get put into certain boxes. your part could be in the first bin,
or the last bin, first bin..?? your box ships Monday. last bin..??, your
box ships Friday."

those were pretty much his exact words to me, so hahaha.

I guess there is not much warehouse help.

:salute:

now mind you, this has been going on for about 8 weeks.

they told me 8 weeks ago, "by the end of the week"

hahaha, never again will I deal with this company

What was the guys name you talked to? I talked to Marty and he made it sound like they don't have much help and they're doing a big restock, due to the economy they let their stock dwindle. Also most of their stuff is now made in China due to cost. I wasn't going to see my leaf springs til December so I asked them to send me full size Wagoneer springs. biggest difference is it move the rear axle back about 1/2 inch will have it the beginning of next week. I will have to say he was extremely helpful with the situation that's going on.

Can't say you guys didn't warn me....

Original ship date: 10/10
Adjusted Ship date: 12/16
Still nothing...called yesterday...new ship date: 2/20
Asked to speak to Superlift directly, realistic ship date: 3/20

Christ almighty.

all this over a set of leaf springs...

I would Axel over the rear and be done with this.

but, I really had to fight them to get all the front parts
like I said, spindles came first, then 2 months later, I kept
calling.. And they say "we are waiting on swaybar extensions."
I said fugg that, then send me what you do have, ill make longer
links, or just 86 the front sway all together. after that, I had all
the front stuff 2 weeks later, and Jeff threw in all 4 shocks for free.

no boots though...haha

:salute:

Could it be true?!

untitled_zps6c596ad8.jpg

if yours is a 97 with the 5.0 and 4404 awd transfer case i have a front driveshaft with the neapco adapter already installed........

BUMP! It's been a busy summer for me with few free weekends, but I'm thinking I can set aside an October weekend to finally get this done. I have all the parts, knuckles are powder-coated, etc. Ready to go.

Any thoughts on a checklist of tools and things to do to prep? Other than soaking everything in PB and the obvious basic tools...

Also, Sk1er, you still willing to host this wrench-fest?

real good jacks, and stands
impact, either air or electric,
impact sockets,
assorted extensions,
long handled wrenches,
and a good night sleep the night before, ,:D:D:D

Definitely have a helper-someone who will help keep an eye on safety is invaluable as you will probably get tired before it is finished but keep trudging on due to excitement--anxiousness. Big jack stands!! 12 tons

Have everything you listed Pete, thanks. thinking about some cut lengths of pipe to slip over breaker bars for persuasion, too. :D

Best jack stands I have are like 3-4 tons. I'll try to borrow bigger ones from a local friend.

Hoping to have multiple helpers. I know my dad wants in, which surprises me after the 9+ hour body lift in 95 degree heat. :D

well, to be honest when we did mine at Turdles place, if we pushed it the first day, and didn't have to put the stuff back on the other vehicle,,
We may have been able to rip this whole thing off in a day, but there was a slow pace, a few breaks and some general fun going on, so we made it a two day dealio,,
that trip was about camaraderie not just a lift getting done,,
i still thank all the guys that came out,, i feel honoured they helped,,

take it easy check everything you put on twice,, do it as safely as possible,,

well, to be honest when we did mine at Turdles place, if we pushed it the first day, and didn't have to put the stuff back on the other vehicle,,
We may have been able to rip this whole thing off in a day, but there was a slow pace, a few breaks and some general fun going on, so we made it a two day dealio,,
that trip was about camaraderie not just a lift getting done,,
i still thank all the guys that came out,, i feel honoured they helped,,

take it easy check everything you put on twice,, do it as safely as possible,,

Yes, that was a great time. I will never forget it.

Yea, I'm thinking it'll be a two day job, but we shall see. I coulda done the body lift in one day if it wasn't for the seized engine compartment body mount bolts. :splat:

One day I'll get out to the plains and visit you Jon. I actually have a client in Arrowhead stadium, which I hear isn't too far north of you, so if I'm ever out there on business... :D

Yea, I'm thinking it'll be a two day job, but we shall see. I coulda done the body lift in one day if it wasn't for the seized engine compartment body mount bolts.

Im hoping to do one of these lifts on my 98 soon Im anxious to watch your build! :popcorn:hoping for alot of pictures in your write up:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP! It's been a busy summer for me with few free weekends, but I'm thinking I can set aside an October weekend to finally get this done. I have all the parts, knuckles are powder-coated, etc. Ready to go.

Any thoughts on a checklist of tools and things to do to prep? Other than soaking everything in PB and the obvious basic tools...

Also, Sk1er, you still willing to host this wrench-fest?

My October is looking pretty full buddy....a triathlon, truck show (if im allowed to skip one of the parties, two bday parties and a confirmation

Back