• Register Today It's free!

Pulsating brakes 2003 Explorer

Photobug

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Gasguzzler
I have a 2003 V8 Ford Explorer. I redid the front brakes about a year ago and had a hell of a time getting the rotors off. There was just enough metal left on the rotors to have them resurfaced. Soon after the brakes started pulsating again and it is now to the point braking effectiveness has diminished.

I have a new set of front rotors I am going to put on. Should I look at replacing the pads as well? Or should I just look at them and decide based on thickness remaining? What are the chances my rear brakes/rotors are contributing to this issue?

Thanks for any suggestions. I am heading to a shop later today that will let me rent his lift to do this. I would normally just do this in my driveway but want to evaluate this facility for future, larger projects.

I had pulsating brakes and I put new rotors on all 4 and pads all around. Braking is excellent!

I have a new set of front rotors I am going to put on. Should I look at replacing the pads as well? Or should I just look at them and decide based on thickness remaining?

If you are putting new rotors on replace the pads also, even if the old ones look good.

Back