• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Pumpkin on cover of Offroad Magazine... 20th Anniversary!!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
This is the 20th anniversary of the Pumpkin being featured on the cover of Offroad magazine. The photo shoot was done at Firebird Raceway on the last day of the Truckin' Nationals event that they were hosting. Joel Mollis, the photographer from Offroad found me the day before and scheduled the photo shoot for the next day.

What was even more amazing was the fact that a photographer from Fourwheeler also contacted me on Saturday and set up a photo shoot in California with the Pumpkin. Unfortunately Fourwheeler found out that Offroad had already shot the truck for their cover so the photos that were taken by Fourwheeler were never published.

Sadly the photographer Joel Mollis, and Offroad Magazine's editor Randall Jachman have both since passed away, and Offroad Magazine itself is no longer being published. A lot changes in 20 years!

pumpkin_cover.jpg
pumpkin_center.jpg
pumpkin2.jpg
pumpkin3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
8.JPG

This is a photo of the truck the day that Joel chose it for the photo shoot. It had just come out of the paint shop the day before the event!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Unfortunately the days of getting a Magazine cover are pretty much gone, with so few magazines left in print. But luckily you were able to check this box off early.

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Grit City, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 “Sport”
20 years! Doesn't seem like it was all that long ago. I still have my issue with the Pumpkin on the cover 👍
Me too! Also a few with your articles (and a pic of the old B3!). . . Time flies . . .