Pumpkins getting beadlocks! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pumpkins getting beadlocks!

I just ordered a set of bead lock rims for the Exploerer. I purchased them through an outfit called www.trailready.com

Here is a description of the rims and beadlocks.

beadlocks_colors.jpg

RSI announces it new Trailready line of beadlock wheels. Starting with a Daytona style steel wheel, our modification retains the factory bead surface while keeping the crucial balance weight as low as possible. Features include a fully mig welded bolt flange, 3/16" 6061 T6 aluminium clamp, and 18 flush mounted, zinc plated 5/16" bolts. Currently available in all sizes and backspacings. Colors are anodized blue, red and clear. For your low psi off road and rockcrawling needs you're not ready until you're Trailready! For information on this or any other quality product offered, contact;
Trailready
1304 80th ST. SW.
Everett WA. 98203
(425) 353-6776
www.trailready.com

They look pretty tough and I will finally be able to air down my Mickey Thompson Baja Claws to the ultra low levels they need to perform well. The big test will be at the Superlift Jamboree at the Badlands!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what color are u going to get and how much did they cost .They look pretty stout

Did you consider MRT (Marsh Racing Technology) beadlocks? They are black as well for a good price.

How many bolts does the ring have?

I will probably be getting bead locks for a project I have going and I am considering MRt's so let me know how you like the trail ready ones. Thanks.

what about stockton wheel or champion?

Wow!

Those are some Nice Wheels! Do they come in a 15x8, and offer custom backspacing?? I'd be more inclined to pick those up rather than the Black Rockcrawler beadlocks I was looking at. Just wanted to compliment you on the decision, they'll look great on your already wicked Explorer.

Yes they come in 15x8 and in custom backspacings.

Hey Rick I have one quick thought here. Can you stop doing mods on your rig for like a year or so. Some of us are still trying to catch up to you.

Aww come on Studdedx just sell everything you own and mortgage your house and you'll be right there...LOL

Rick - What color are you going to get? I presonally think that silver or black would look real good.

I'm going with the natural aluminum not the anodized.

question..... Rick

since TRs alum and steel beadlocks retain the standard bead surface does this mean that you could take the lock ring off for the street or what?? Wild idea but dunno if youd have to remount the tire??

Yea i know its not DOT approved for highway use. ;)

Nice set of wheels!!:cool:

When will you have everything modded, so you won't need to get anything else?:D

heh.. i found the answer.... ya cant....

cant street beadlocks...

Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by ahhjaws
Nice set of wheels!!:cool:

When will you have everything modded, so you won't need to get anything else?:D

I can't imagine not having stuff to add:D

Back