Purchasing 46.5 Acres Near Kingman, AZ | Page 12 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Purchasing 46.5 Acres Near Kingman, AZ

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Now that’s a good friend to have!!

Nice hoe that sucker can reach! Jealous

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Now that’s a good friend to have!!

Nice hoe that sucker can reach! Jealous
He's a great guy. I insisted on paying him for his time/costs.
He transports exotic animals for zoos with that rig. He has converted containers with their own gensets and HVAC systems, that he side loads cages into. Has a rhino cage in one currently. He's going to Seattle to pick up a rhino, taking it to Texas, then taking a elephant to Florida. Has two co-drivers so they can drive straight through. He's also the guy with the D4 and does my dirt work.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Wicked cool! What a special trade to be in hauling exotic zoo animals $$$$$

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I posted a picture of the floor plan earlier. I have it pinned on my office wall and have been looking at it for a few weeks. Some changes I am going to make:
SHOP
*Change 12x10 garage door on the single door side of the shop to a 12x14. Don't want to be limited as to what I can drive in there by height and don't want to have to move the RV whenever I want to move something tall in or out. If the backhoe needs work, it would be nice to be able to pull it into the shop right next to the work area.
*Add an ice maker water line where I want the shop fridge.

RESIDENCE
*Vault all ceilings except for the mud/laundry room. With a 9' ceiling in that room, there could be 5-6' of open space above it (vaulted ceiling peak will be about 16'). Use that space for the HVAC, Wi-Fi, hub, alarm, tankless H2O Heaters, etc. Could have a small door from the shop for access.
*Wider window in the 2nd bathroom. I think this was mismarked by the designer. He has it as a 2040, which is 2'wide and 4' tall. I think it should be a 4020.
*Kitchen island can be a little deeper with an overhanging counter for bar stool type seating.
*The barn doors for the Master should be as wide as can possibly fit in the space on that wall. They will be open 99% of the time and I want the feel to be as open as possible. It could easily be 2' wider and still fit without any other modifications. Might require custom barn doors which I am OK with, and I can build them myself.
The only room that won't have a barn type door is the 2nd bedroom to give whoever might be staying there more privacy, and we ran out of wall space.
The 2nd bathroom has two doors, one from the main room and one from the 2nd bedroom. If someone is staying there, they can access the bathroom from the bedroom. We went round and round trying to squeeze a half bath into the mud room, but it just took too much space from the kitchen. He came up with the idea of putting those full height linen closets in both bathrooms.

OUTSIDE
*If possible, I would like to move the AC unit to the back wall of the shop. The utilities will come into that wall, water tank will be back there, all the stuff I don't want to see but still easily access.

The wrap around patios are different depths. That needed to be done to line up the roof peak with the center of the main room. If we didn't do it that way, it would look funny. There is 10' on the office side of the house and 6' on the master side. That works out because the sun is always on the office side. If we offset the patios just enough to center the roof peak, it would look like it was a mistake, so everything is a little wider. We offset the shop 5' towards the office side of the house so we could put a man door under the patio. That allows me to have a little 10x10 patio in front of the work area part of the shop on the opposite wall, which will make a great place to take a work break, and for a shooting rest/table. There will be over 100 yards from that spot to the edge of the property where I can put a gong target. I will be eventually building a small pistol range behind the shop.

If I put in a pool in the future, I think I will add a small pool/bath room with a outside shower. That would also come in handy if I hosted a Explorer event there and people camped out on the property.

Two RV pads with water and power are also going to be on the property. I already have an auxiliary RV parking area about halfway up the driveway where an old road used to cross the wash. I can easily have water to that since the water line will be going up the driveway.

I was doing the square footage of everything and there is a lot of useable space.
SHOP 55x45 = 2,475, and can be made larger by extending the shop length in the future if I run out of space.
RESIDENCE = 1,863, just the main room is 25x34!
PATIO SPACE = 1,724.

I was talking with the contractor yesterday. He says material prices have been going down slightly and should keep going down until after the summer. We were talking about the size of the residence because I think it's too big. He said the same thing the designer said; I can't have a open concept, view from every room type house and make it any smaller. It just won't work.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Wicked cool to be able to plan this all out!
A pool? Allright I can see
Myself down south for the winters. When do we start excavating? Lol lol

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Leaving space on the pad in front of the main patio for a pool. The dirt guy is going to rip all the rocks out of that area down to about 8' so it will be easy digging.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Part of the reason I asked Steve to store the backhoe at his ranch is I know he loves tractors. He's already upgrading it with stuff he had on hand.
New teeth
IMG_1876.jpg