• Register Today It's free!

Purchasing a 95 explorer?

shutout31

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL
I am in the middle of purchasing a 95 explorer xlt, 4x4, it has 156k KM's, leather int etc. new brakes. The body looks good on it with only two rock dents and interior is very clean. I havent purchased an explorer in a while and seeing what decent price is for a truck like this, he is asking 5k CDN but does that seem high?

thanks for the input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in the middle of purchasing a 95 explorer xlt, 4x4, it has 156k KM's, leather int etc. new brakes. The body looks good on it with only two rock dents and interior is very clean. I havent purchased an explorer in a while and seeing what decent price is for a truck like this, he is asking 5k CDN but does that seem high?

thanks for the input

i sell cars...the mileage on it is good for a 95, average car driver drives anywhere between 15-20k a year, but that vehicle in MINT condition shouldnt be bought for anything over 4K US $ in my opinion...

4k US or cdn?

US currency

Thanks, i didnt think the price was too bad for the vehicle.

Thanks, i didnt think the price was too bad for the vehicle.

like i said, i work at a dealership...thats just my opinion. If you think its a good buy then go for it :thumbsup:

I was just taking in the currency change, He is asking 5k CDN which is roughly 4400 USD, as long as i can get the price down a bit it wont be that bad than. thanks

Run like the wind!!!

That truck is at least 2K high in price and probably one of the most expensive of the second gens to own and maintain..... I found out the hard way.

My first ex was a 95, and it was a nightmare. Every time that anything broke it was 5-10x the price for parts than for any other year. For example, when the cam sensor went, it was the only year with a non-servicable unit. Cost of replacement was $900.00 instead of $45.00 just for the Hall effect and cap that is on my 98 ex. When the crank shaft sensor went it was $275.00 for the 95 ex as opposed to $28.00 for one for a 96 and up. Many of the sensors and parts for the 95 were for one year only and are $$$$$$$$. The tranny also isn't as good either.

As for the price, I just bought a really nice 98 with 130,000Km, great body, no rust at all or any damage, no rips or tears in the interior,for $5,500.00.

If I were you I'd keep searching.

I baught my 96x in Edmonton in Sept it has 163 000 km, small surface rust on it and the XLT for $4000 no tax.. private sale.. keep checking man..

I agree, the rumors for the first year of everything sucking, sadly is true. Takes a while to get the kinks out! IMO anyway

Thanks for everyones input, i ended up passing up on the ex, instead i talked to my dad and arranged a deal to get his old ex. 2000 sport with 7500 kms thats right 7500kms. i dont know which engine if its ohv or sohc did bother to ask, i take delivery in around 2 weeks

Back