• Register Today It's free!

Purchasing a new 2014 XLT?

JaxE

Reaction score
City, State
Cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda CRV
I am new to the forum and Explorers, but we are looking to purchase a new 2014 XLT with the 202A package and are open to other options, if the price is right, just isn't necessary ;0) Anyway, it's been a while since I've shopped for a car and thought I'd just see if anyone recently purchased a 2014 XLT new with the 202A pkg and what other options were included and what was your final purchase price?? Just want to make sure I get a fair or good deal! Thanks so much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum JaxE.:wavey:
I'm assuming that you are aware that you will have to buy a 2014 off the lot since orders closed a few months ago. I would suggest that you scan through this 'Discussion' forum since there have been members that have bought 2014 models. Also you can have a look at the Order Status forum and check the threads there for anyone that has ordered one;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323597
Good luck.

Peter

I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but check sites like Truecar and see what price they're offering, and what they say others are buying for. Try and find a dealer that will accept something in the "low" end of the truecar bell curve rather than just their recommended discount amount. Basically I said something like "see people are buying this car for that price at bottom of the curve, why shouldn't I be able to do it also?" Figure out what options you actually want and stick with them. Don't be talked into paying extra for a car with options you just don't want just because its what they have. A decent dealer can obtain a car with the options you're looking for from another dealer who has it in their inventory, and they shouldn't charge you anything extra for doing that. The trick is to not be in a hurry. Convince them you're a serious buyer for the "right" car (i.e. one with what you want on it, and not a lot of extras you don't). Many dealers will still blow you off, but one or two should work with you to get you a good deal on the car you want. Good luck.

I bought a 2014 Explorer XLT with the 202A package on June 16th. I absolutely love it. We were financed through Ford Motor Credit. We got extra warranties through them as well. 6yr/50k miles: Free oil changes, Tires, Rims, paint (scratches), dents, windshield repair, Rust protection (underneath), Leather protection, Interior protection (from stains, rips, breakdown of the leather etc).

10yr/ 120k powertrain warranty.

Financed it for 5 years. Payments are $400/month.

I bought a 2014 Explorer XLT with the 202A package on June 16th. I absolutely love it. We were financed through Ford Motor Credit. We got extra warranties through them as well. 6yr/50k miles: Free oil changes, Tires, Rims, paint (scratches), dents, windshield repair, Rust protection (underneath), Leather protection, Interior protection (from stains, rips, breakdown of the leather etc).

10yr/ 120k powertrain warranty.

Financed it for 5 years. Payments are $400/month.

So that's with zero money down? 24K for a new Explorer with all the extra protection is quite a deal.

So that's with zero money down? 24K for a new Explorer with all the extra protection is quite a deal.

No, My car was totaled so I had 20k down. The window sticker was $42k. After rebates was $37k. After everything was said nad done, I only had to finance $20k. I should have put that. Im sorry. :)

Ordered a 2014 Silver XLT 202A package, BLIS, and Power Liftgate last Summer through a dealer in Washington State participating in the Costco Auto program. Paid $600 under invoice plus received $2000 in Ford incentives.

Very pleased with the vehicle.:thumbsup:

If you pay more then invoice minus rebates, you are paying too much.

Back