Pure oil

BIGHVM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
UK, Richmond, Surrrey.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Northface
Well people, Its time for a service on my Ex, so today I went to my local parts place, Motomechs in barnes, sw London and I bought 5 litres if Coma fully synthetic just for the reason that I wanted a decent oil, I did consider Mobil 1- till he told me that it was £51.00 for 5 litres, but recomended the Coma synth as a quality oil, then I was after a fram oil filter and he showed me the Purilator premium plus, (L30001). He told me that these filters filter more bits than most standard filters and I decided to buy it and give it a go, I also bought an air filter, Fram and will give my Ex a service if the weather hold up in the morning.

Any one used the Purolator premium plus oil filter before- what did you think of it?, I figured I would run this question past you as its made in the States and it is my first encounter with this brand, I have only ever used Fram before- most commonly available here in the UK.

Well people, Its time for a service on my Ex, so today I went to my local parts place, Motomechs in barnes, sw London and I bought 5 litres if Coma fully synthetic just for the reason that I wanted a decent oil, I did consider Mobil 1- till he told me that it was £51.00 for 5 litres, but recomended the Coma synth as a quality oil, then I was after a fram oil filter and he showed me the Purilator premium plus, (L30001). He told me that these filters filter more bits than most standard filters and I decided to buy it and give it a go, I also bought an air filter, Fram and will give my Ex a service if the weather hold up in the morning.

Any one used the Purolator premium plus oil filter before- what did you think of it?, I figured I would run this question past you as its made in the States and it is my first encounter with this brand, I have only ever used Fram before- most commonly available here in the UK.
I used Fram since the time I started driving and one day decided to do some research about oil filters on the web. I have since switched to Pure One filters and will never use Fram again. Check out the link above. VERY informative.

Oil filter

I seem to have a decent filter, good job! Thanks for the info on oil filters, really very informative!

Not had time to do the oil change yet, had to service the wifes car today, oil, plugs leads and air/oil filters. She drives a Seat Ibiza- I know dont laugh:D

She likes it, its way too small for me and I hate driving it as its not automatic and is too low down for my old knees.
I did however have time to take off and clean my Iac valve, I noticed that it did not have the black pull of cap that some of you have and decided whilst I was at it to take off the throttle body and clean that both sides as I had the carb cleaner to hand, also changed the air filter- was about to do the tps mod but......................damn I could not find my meter! AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Next time!

Back