Purple Haze 93 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Purple Haze 93 sport

Here is what she looked like when I got her back on Apr 2 05.

Loaded 5 speed
firstday002.jpg

5.5 Superlift front, Superlift SOA kit rear.
Mini Spool in the 8.8
15x8 rock crawlers
34x10.50x15 LTB's

firstday024.jpg

firstday028.jpg

firstday030.jpg

firstday032.jpg

Took 8 hours on Sunday for the front. 5 Hours Tuesday night for the rear and mini spool, 4 hours on Wednesday night to do the shocks, brake lines, manual hubs and "J" hooks.

Thanks to 2 friends from other sites for the help. Without them I would have still been out there.

EDIT: Getting 513 gears and a Detroit locker for the front next week. :exporange

Then extended arms and BBP tubing!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i love the exhaust lol!, it looks really nice

nice

it looks and sits good, good job on that. but for some constructive criticism, get rid of that exhaust

The exhaust tip is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................and a very good one!!! :thumbsup:

Nice Looking Rig!! :D

Yea I'm telling people that ask, "It's the leftovers from the ricer I drove over the other day."

NICE! I like the look of your X and like the name! Keep up the good work.

THAT EXHAUST IS AWESOME!

the rest is smokin too :smoke::thumbsup:

Haha, that's great. Good lookin truck. How are those LTB's on the street?

outstanding :thumbsup: I love the 1st gen sports. Did yours right too. :cool:

:chug: :chug:

Night & day there, looks damn good :thumbsup:

SOOO much better. Looks great man. Nice exhaust too. :D

lol nice exhaust...that thing looks bad ass, Keep up the good work!

Looking great!!! Love the exhaust....I had to look twice!!

I have to share this one with you, man...

I was out doing some backyard wheeling with Numidian (Brennan), and I mentioned your name and the pictures in the Carlisle thread- he not only remembered you from Ford Truck World (I think... might've been f150 world?
), but he laughed at me and told me about how you would follow Bronco II's anywhere they went in your f150 with no complaints or heavy damage.

Sorry I doubted your off-roadability, LOL. Nice X, now I know what mine's gonna look like once I finally get my 5.5 in ;)

nice first gen. coffee can is priceless. pimp f150 too

Wow, 5.13's with 34x10's. Little overkill don't you think? Is thing street driven? Just seems like it wouldn't be with a mini spool and a soon to be Detroit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep driven atleast twice a week. Thinking of 36 iroc's next year. And wheel with 35 boggers. Also 456 are a little light and no one makes a 488. Remember the old saying... Never done!

Back