Push Bar/Bull Bar | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Push Bar/Bull Bar

Blown

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
The Ranger Edge front required that I mount the bumper higher on the frame than I wanted. I got it looking good/lined-up with the body but not fully supported. I still need to add two mounts at the back of the bull bar to the frame and two more at the bumper mounts to the frame. I will be able to unbolt it all in one piece when done. This should give me the radiator protection I wanted, including down low. I will add a tube across the back of the bull bar and weld a plate for bash protection. I have been able to utilize the brackets it came with but had to cut them up since it was made for a Ranger and going on an Exploder frame. Here's a few pics, it took a while to custom cut the front fairing/valence and I still need to cut the left side in. I'll postt-up the completed project, hopefully this weekend.

bullbar-front-no-valence.jpg

bullbar-front-right1.jpg

bullbar-front-right2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blown

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
I'll post a few more pics when complete it this weekend. I am not expecting this to be super strong and I do not plan on hard wheelin', but it should provide some basic protection for the radiator

This pic shows where I plan on doing additional tie-in to the bumper mount bracket and frame:

bullbar-front-right3.jpg

So, Not Ready to Play as the bullbar is only welded to the bumper:

ready-to-play.jpg

Blown

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
Done, well, I am going to add a bar to the back of it and plate across to protect the bottom of the radiator, a light bash plate.

front-left.jpg

Blown

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
Projector, halo fog lights, for $42 through Amazon!

I am guessing they was be letting go of twenty year old stock while they could get something for it. I slapped them in and joined the connectors to get the projectors working. I need to wire the halo's to the running lights yet. Oh boy, I'll post when I light them up.

halo--projector-fogs.jpg

halo--projector-fogs2.jpg

Blown

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
I wired halo's in to the projectors/fogs rather than the running lights.

fogs.jpg