Push Bar for Explorer | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mall Crawler to Trail Crawler

Hey all! I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport. So far I've put in a 3" lift, reflex shocks, 18" steel rims, and threw some nitto ridge grapplers on it. She handles great on the trails. I'd like to get a push bar for the front and some rock sliders. Any recommendations?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Thomas.:wave:
What you will likely find is that the push bar will interfere with the Forward Collision Warning System and the Adaptive Cruise Control if you have that. It will also probably affect the sensors in the bumper.

Peter

So I am back and thinking about adding a brush guard/push bumper of some type to my 2019 Silver Ford Explorer. I used to have a black explorer with a black setina push bumper but I dont think this would look good with the silver 2019 body style. I cannot find much pictures of any 2019 body style with push bumpers or brush guards. I am thinking more of a Bull Bar than a brush guard or push bumper.
Thoughts?

Reviving an old thread, but I finally purchased and installed the Go Rhino version of the basic push bar over the weekend. I love the look and build quality, but taking off the front bumper was a pain. The 3 bolts below the headlights on both sides were the pain points. Also, you'd want to put a screw to block the screen washer fluid when pulling the tubes out. Here's a quick photo for anyone interested in what it looks like on a white xsport.

Photo Here....

Do want to point out the push bar does block 2 of the parking sensors that just needs to be turned off when starting the xsport up. I'd like to find a way to remove them from the active circuit so I can - at least - retain the 2 outer sensors to be still usable.

Other than that, its my favorite mod so far.

Eddie, in your profile it should be "India Echo" to be correct. ;)

Peter

Bumping this up to see if anyone knows of or has installed a grille guard on a platinum that did not interfere with adaptive cruise control. I found some sensor blocking stickers that can be put over just the blocked parking sensors so that wont be a concern. Just worried about the adaptive cruise control and potentially the collision warning system (though I think that is probably ntegrated into the ACC)

Does the push bar that says it is for a police interceptor fit a stock 2018 sport ?
I have been trying to fid a push bar without the headlght guards -- just the push bar but the only ones similar to what I want all say police interceptor, would those fit my 2018 sport ?

If not -- anyone know a part number for a push bar that does fit ?

Thank you

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your post was moved to this thread. If you check through it, you will see that there are some that do not have the headlight guards. Be advised that most will affect the front sensors and in particular will block the Collision Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control radar sensor.
There are several threads on push bars you can find using the 'Search' feature (upper right).

Peter

Does the push bar that says it is for a police interceptor fit a stock 2018 sport ?
I have been trying to fid a push bar without the headlght guards -- just the push bar but the only ones similar to what I want all say police interceptor, would those fit my 2018 sport ?

If not -- anyone know a part number for a push bar that does fit ?

Thank you
I would think the active shutters would have to be removed for this to work.

This seems like a dead thread. Has anyone got on of these to work on a 14? I wanna get one but says they only for the interceptor.

This seems like a dead thread. Has anyone got on of these to work on a 14? I wanna get one but says they only for the interceptor.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This thread is very much alive.;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This thread is very much alive.;)

Peter
Good to know. So does anyone know if a

Westin 36-2015 - Black Push Bar Elite will fit on a 2014 explorer xlt? No acc​

Do you have active grill shutters? That's the only thing that will get in the way...but many people remove them.

Do you have active grill shutters? That's the only thing that will get in the way...but many people remove them.
I don't believe I do. I thought those where introduced in 2015. So no ACC, no park sensors, no front camera and no active shutters. Think I'd be good?

I believe the active grille shutters came out on some of the 2016+ Explorers.

Peter

I believe the active grille shutters came out on some of the 2016+ Explorers.

Peter
According to parts places... 2013-2019... I looked before I answered. 😃

They mess with one siren speaker option as well as how deep of a light you can fit between the bumper and the radiator.

I believe those are the standard grille shutters, not the "active grille shutters" that came out with some of the 2016 models.
Also, this site shows the grille shutters available for the Sport and Platinum which did not have the Active Grille Shutter feature so those are not the same thing.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting a bit more confused now. I am sure that the first mention of Active Grille Shutters concerned the 2016 Explorer. As mentioned in the thread I linked, Sport and Platinum owners mentioned their vehicles didn't have them. Yet when looking at some parts sites they show that item for 2013-2019 Explorers and PIU. The first time they were discussed on the forum was for the 2016 Explorer. :dunno:

Peter

Back