Pushbar-undercoat or bedliner? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pushbar-undercoat or bedliner?

Well in the process of completely sanding down my pushbar and in debation whether to use undercoating on it or use DUPLICOLOR spray bedliner I don't know which is better and would last longer to protect it but I like the idea of using one of those instead of just regularly painting it :D so if any ya'll could give me an opinion of which would be the better to use on it I'd appreciate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BEDLINER! BEDLINER!!!!! DOn't use the undercoat stuff, what ever you do!!!! I used that stuff in my cargo area and it's a huge mess now, still not dry in some places after a few months:rolleyes: Comes off the floor easily...it's just not worth for the $2 bucks you save per can...of yeah...and it stinks too:fart:

Alright, glad I asked first then :p: I had noticed it was a little cheaper by a couple bucks and knew it was supposed to be some form of plastic but stuff always being cheaper than something else always makes me question whether its good enough or not, thanks!

Couldn't you somehow like sand the stuff off your cargo area??

The undercoat stuff works good for use as undercoat, but other then that it doesn't work too well.

2x for the bedliner - Thats what I used on my sliders, and am going to use to repaint my hitch and push bumper when I find the time.

i can only find BLACK is the stuff paintable and last or should i just let it go with being black, I wanted to have it red but its not that big of a deal.

I'm told you can just paint over the bedliner stuff. Havn't tried it though.

As for my cargo area? I plan to just spray over it with the bedliner stuff.;)

oh ok cool, I've heard the bedliner stuff keeps the metal strong too, how many coats ya think I oughtta put on it?? I have it almost done sanding, forgot to get paint stripper so kept puttin PVC cement on it since it breaks the paint down, i gotta get in some crevices and gotta sand off some primer spots so i have all clean metal shining through because I myself am not sure if it will stick ok on primer or if you gotta have it clean down to the metal.:D

I know you've been going to a lot of work to get the paint off, but my can of bedliner that I used actually recommended spraying it over existing paint... I sprayed it on bare metal and it seems to have stuck fine, but just letting you know...

Hmm...ok yeah I got a good bit off but the paint thats in the creases of the weld area's and some of the paint on side is hard to get off it was startin to tick me off, I wanted to sand it down some anyway because there were light rust spots and chipped paint areas, but glad to know I may not have to get all the paint off :D Thanks for tellin me that.

Back