Put on 30 x 11.50 Thornbirds (pic) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Put on 30 x 11.50 Thornbirds (pic)

Well. I got alot of work done on my X this weekend. Installed a MAC cold air kit, installed reverse glow gauges and also got some new 30 x 11.50 Thornbirds put on. Yeah yeah, I know the majority of everyone on here hates Thornbirds but I like the way they look. Got the torsion twist up front and shackles are going on in a week or so. I think it looks pretty good with the Thornturds on it. The MAC intake works good too although it didn't fit like it was supposed to. I'll throw in some pics of it later. Just thought I'd share.

100_0832.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man! I like the tires too!
Are they all A /T type tire or? Never heard of them before :)

TurdBirds look pretty cool, nice looking truck

TurdBirds are an All Terrain type tire (byas Ply)

if im not mistaken when i looked at my stocker rims, it said speciffically, not for use with bias ply tires. Is that a concern he should be worried about?

if im not mistaken when i looked at my stocker rims, it said speciffically, not for use with bias ply tires. Is that a concern he should be worried about?

Where did you see this? I've never heard of that but you may be right. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info.

More pics..

View from the front.
Frontview.jpg

Not tire/wheel related but it does cause some sag in the rear suspension.
Subs.jpg

I think all ford wheels say that under the center cap, i've ran bias ply's on my stockers with no problems.

I think all ford wheels say that under the center cap, i've ran bias ply's on my stockers with no problems.

what are bias ply tires??

How much were the tires. I am looking for some 31s to run on my explorer. It has a 2 inch skyjacker lift both front and back. Love them. Where did you purchase your tires at?

How much were the tires. I am looking for some 31s to run on my explorer. It has a 2 inch skyjacker lift both front and back. Love them. Where did you purchase your tires at?

I got'em from a dealer here in town that I do alot of business with. They were $155 a piece. They discontinued the white letter versions but I think I like these even better.

looks real good

I've never seen them before, they look awesome.

Don't feel like sending a PM, so I'll say it here. I was joking around, fawk. The turds suck but the truck's clean. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Don't feel like sending a PM, so I'll say it here. I was joking around, fawk. The turds suck but the truck's clean. Don't get your panties in a wad.

I deleted your other post because it was unnecessary. Don't post **** if that's all you're going to say.

pwn4g3

hey, your truck looks pretty good, i have always liked the looks of those tires, but wow are those things expensive... looks good tho

Yeah I pretty much purchased them for the looks. I had some 33 x 12.50's on my Ranger back in 01' that I liked. They performed pretty decent in the mud here in Florida as long as you had enough wheel speed.... however they are horrible in the sand... even without trying to spin they'll dig to China. Thanks for the great replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

road noise...how much those things produce?

Back