City, State
coal center pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
i have 2 in right now i purchased 2 more and another

amp for my 97 x i was wonderin if anyone knows where

i can find subwoofer enclosure designs for 4 12's doesnt

have to be anything fancy......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You gonna have to have built, its no biggie either. Any good shop can get the specs for you particular woofers.

what kind of 12's.......

i love your sentemce structure and puntuation. :D j/k, but work on it. is 4 12's practical? how much bass does one need?

i know its kinda ghetto but i got 2 Bazooka EL1204 SAS 12" 4-Ohm ELWoofer with a bazooka EL1500 or 460. thats what i have right now and it hits pretty good. but i got some more money and wanted to upgrade anyway so i bought 2 rf23412 with a 200m RF amp. i got the specs for the speakers, but is there anythingelse i need to worry about. or is there somethingelse i should look into

Originally posted by wj-jeep-guy
i love your sentemce structure and puntuation. :D j/k, but work on it. is 4 12's practical? how much bass does one need?

I know you were j/k, but if we are going to criticize someone about there spelling, Lets make sure that we can spell ourselves. :D

sentemce-Sentence
puntuation-Punctuation
:p

to be honest you should have put their not there so you can't really talk either but this is the internet and most people type shorter versions of words as short cuts so who gives f&%$

No, he didn't. "Their" shows ownership, and "There" is used like "'Hey, look over there!"

Back to middle school english....:rolleyes:

If you have 2 different brand pairs of 12s they may sound off. they probably hit differently.

4 12s, designed and built properly, will produce over 155 DBs and will deafen you in a matter of weeks.

However, you are using fairly cheap equipment so far, but I would suggest upgrading the equipment. Even with 4 Bazooka bass tubes, my 2 12s would destroy you.

What you're comptemplating doing isn't a very good idea. As previosuly stated, you're running several different manufactures' products. You wouldn't even need an enclosure for 4 12s, because 2 of them are already enclosed.

That said, save yourself some room, wiring, and building costs and buy two decent 12s and a good, quality amp.

Actually what he has aren't Bazooka tubes, they are real subs. I have 2 of the same and believe me, you would be quite surprised how hard they hit! It may not be anything special but I would say they are on par with RF HE's if not the HE2's.

ok back to middle school english. the sentence was "or is there something else" that is the right there. change the sentence around.-- There is something else.

People. this is an audio forum! He got his message across, and you are all making yourselves look like d!cks by correcting each other.

Jokker used 'there' incorrectly in this post:
I know you were j/k, but if we are going to criticize someone about there spelling, Lets make sure that we can spell ourselves.

sentemce-Sentence
puntuation-Punctuation

XLT4X491 corrected xowner10's misuse of 'there' in this post:
He used the right "there"

Then flgatorz10 chimed in, to attempt to correct XLT4X491's post, but the two of them were referring to different misuses of their/there, so this was a waste of time.

Finally XLT4X491 posted again to prove that he was using 'there' correctly, and indeed he was (in that instance), but different posts of his were being corrected for misuse of 'there'.

This whole thread became an annoying, childish semantics war that has no technical value whatsoever. Stop it. Research before you post, so that you don't tell someone that they are using equipment that they really are not using, etc., and don't argue over the semantics of our language. You all know what each other meant, some of you may not be as language-inclined as others, so accept that and quit quibbling.

ok. sorry bout that. i looked to see what he was talkin about and only saw the first there. o well

yea i was really happy with my bazooka subs but i needed more. there was a deal runnin on those RF subs and amp so i purchased them. i know someone who has the same RF stuff and hits wicked hrard so i figured together it would be sweet. i have only been messin with car audio for a year and i didn't see anything wrong with mismatchin the stuff

and i don't really want to go thru all the trouble of sellin all my stuff and starten from scratch because i would really lose out on maken any money. i would lose a ton

Another thing to consider is if you want to lose most or all of your cargo room. Personally, I would keep the best sounding pair and sell the others. Two 12's, set up properly, can be loud enough to vibrate other cars. (The cops really like that!:D ) I use 2 12" Kicker Solo-Barics pushing 600W each and that is plenty loud.

okay.

I don't mind when people make mistakes. We all do. I do mind when people try to correct other people, and are wrong. That's just hypocritical. If you read the thread carefully, my correction was in fact, correct.

Now, on to the car audio. I am well aware xowner10 does not own bass tubes. I never said he did. I am comapring another Bazooka product I have had experience with. Bazooka doesn't make high-quality products. They are nowhere near as good as JL Audio, Orion, MTX, Pioneer, Image Dynamics, etc. That was all I was saying. 4 12s, powered properly, will demand around 2000wRMS. That's a lot of money, and a lot of electrical system upgrading. I don't think you're ready for that. So why not get 2 12s, power them properly, and have your fun time setting off car alarms, etc....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same subs and a 400 Watts US Acuticus amp and set off alarms all the time at school :) By the way the box needs to be about 1.0cu ft for each sub. Dont miss that step! Make sure you subtract the boxes thickness.

Back